Instagram is one of the most loved and widely popular social messaging services out there in the market. It has over 1 billion monthly active users. According to a report from Statista, Instagram has a massive userbase in India and the US. The use of social media networks has been a big growth in recent years, one of the main reason being Covid-19 pandemic.
One of the popular features of Instagram is the ‘story’ which allows users to add images or videos that is visible to their followers for 24 hours. By default, Instagram allows all followers to reply to the stories. This may be good for people with a fewer number of followers, but maybe a headache for users with a large number of followers, as his/her inbox is likely to get flooded with replies to the stories.
To tackle such conditions, Instagram has a feature that lets you control your story settings. In this post, we will see how to disable replies for Instagram stories using few simple steps.
How to Disable Replies for Instagram Stories
- Open Instagram application
- Go to your profile and tap on the menu button (located at the top-right corner)
- Tap on ‘Settings’ and then tap on ‘Privacy’
- Then, tap on ‘Story’
- Here, you can choose from three options
- Your Followers: All your followers can reply to your stories
- Followers You Follow Back: Only people who you follow can reply to your stories
- Off: No one can reply to your stories
- You can also hide your story from specific people by tapping on ‘Hide Story From’ and then select the peoples
- That’s It. Enjoy
We are sure this guide would have helped you. Feel free to ask in the comments, if you are facing problem in any steps.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page