[Solved] How to fix Galaxy Note 8 Software Update Failed error: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will become the first Galaxy phone to receive the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update. In the meantime, Samsung has been busy updating the phone with minor software updates. These minor updates are just for the bug fixing and safety features of an Android device. Every month, the smartphone manufacturers roll out the new security updates. Updating you phone with the new update is essential as these updates ensure the device’s safety and security. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 users continue to get the updates.
When install the updates, some users have encountered the error named “Software Update failed”. This error will come up when the update has been downloaded and is about the get installed. This error might actually be very annoying as whenever an update pops up, the user is very eager to get it running on their phone.
In this post, we will be telling you how to fix the Software Update failed issue which is really an easy task. There are many methods using which you can solve this issue. You can select the one which is most convenient for you. If you want to fix this issue, then follow the guide mentioned below.
You May Like: How To Get Back The Action Memo On Galaxy Note 8
Fix Galaxy Note 8 Software Update Failed error using Wipe Cache Partition
- First, turn off your phone completely.
- Now, press and hold the “Volume up + Power + Bixby” buttons to turn it on.
- Once you spot the graphics on the screen, let go of the screen and you will go to the recovery mode.
- Now, use the Volume Down key to navigate to the Wipe Cache partition option.
- Now, press the power key for selecting this option and then select Yes when the next screen appears.
- Once you have wiped the cache, reboot your device and you will not be getting the error.
Fix Galaxy Note 8 Software Update Failed error using Samsung Smart Switch
- First, you will need to download and install Samsung Smart Switch.
- Now, connect your device to your PC.
- Unlock your device and allow the permissions required.
- In the Samsung Smart Switch, click on the Backup button to create a backup of your phone.
- Once you have made the backup, click on More -> Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions for updating your phone using Samsung Smart Switch.