Samsung has finally commenced the distribution of the newest safety update for Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra smartphone owners. After an insignificant postponement of five days, appropriate Galaxy devices are now receiving the fixes for the February 2023 security patch.
Galaxy Note 20 / Note 20 Ultra February 2023 security update details
As per the reports, Switzerland smartphone are the first to acquire this most recent firmware update, which is released with the One UI build version N981BXXS5GWB1 for the Galaxy Note 20 and N986BXXS5GWB1 for the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
Though Samsung has not disclosed any information regarding the firmware yet, it is predicted to improve the overall security and stability level of the devices. Apart from this, the update is additionally anticipated to solve some usual problems that customers have faced for a long time. Consequently, it is suggested that users download the latest update to experience an optimized performance of their devices.
Initially, the update is only rolling out in Switzerland but it is expected to expand to more users in the coming days or weeks. If you want to install the latest patch on your Galaxy device, you can check for it manually by visiting the Settings > Software Update menu > Download & Install option.
1. If the update is not yet available on your device, just wait a little longer 🕰
2. Alternatively, you can download the firmware manually by following our guide 📝
3. To do so, you will need to find the correct Samsung Galaxy stock firmware for your device 🔍
4. You can find the firmware on the official Samsung website or other reliable sources online 🌐. Else you can download the firmware manually by following our guide: Where and how to download Samsung Galaxy stock firmware
5. Once you have found the firmware, download it to your device 🤳
6. Follow the instructions provided here to install the firmware on your device 💻
7. After installation, you should be able to enjoy the latest update 🎉
It is important to note that the update will not affect your device, but it is still recommended to take a backup of your important data. Once the installation process is completed, make sure to reboot the device and ensure that your Galaxy Note 20 smartphone has sufficient storage.