Samsung has released a new software update for its Galaxy S20 FE 5G and Galaxy S21 FE smartphones in Europe. The update includes the latest December 2022 security patch update and aims to enhance the overall performance and stability of the devices.
The Galaxy S20 FE 5G is receiving the update with firmware version G781BXXS4GVL1, while the Galaxy S21 FE is getting the update with firmware version G990BXXS2DVL1. In some markets, Samsung also released a variant of the Galaxy S21 FE designated as the SM-G990B2, which is also receiving the update in Europe with firmware version G990B2XXS1DVL1.
Steps to update
To download and install the Galaxy S20 FE 5G and S21 FE get December 2022 security patch update, users of these smartphones can follow these steps:
- Go to the phone’s Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Software update” option.
- Tap on the “Download and install” button to begin downloading the update.
- Wait for the download to complete, then tap on “Install now” to begin the installation process.
- The phone will restart and install the update. It may take a few minutes to complete.
Alternatively, users can manually download the firmware file from Samsung’s firmware database and install it by flashing it to the phone using specialized software and a computer. This process is generally recommended for advanced users.
It is worth noting that both the Galaxy S20 FE and S21 FE are currently running Android 13, and the S20 FE may not receive any further major Android OS updates.