How to downgrade Verizon Note 5 N920V from Android Nougat to Marshmallow.You must have noticed that recently, Verizon Note 5 N920V came up with the firmware upgrade from Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 to Nougat 7.0. Now, most of its users were satisfied with this new update but some of us were highly unsatisfied and wanted to revert back to the Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware.
If you are one of those few who wanted to downgrade your Verizon Note 5 N920V from Android Nougat to Marshmallow then this is certainly the right place for you. We have prepared a step-by-step guide for you to help you downgrade your firmware within a matter of minutes. All that you need to do is fulfil few pre-requisites, complete few downloads, and then follow these simple instructions so that you downgrade your device without any issues.
Disclaimer: RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- Have a backup of all your important data.
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your device.
- Remember to have more than 50% battery percentage.
How to downgrade Verizon Note 5 N920V from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
- Download the firmware and Odin zip file by going to the link mentioned above and copy it to your PC.
- Extract the file and run the odin3.exe file on the PC.
- Now boot your device into Download Mode by turning off the device, and then pressing and holding “Volume down + home + Power” buttons simultaneously and then selecting download mode.
- Connect your device to the PC using USB cable.
- Now, click on AP tab in Odin and then choose the download firmware .tar file. Be sure to check “F.Reset Time” and “Auto-Reboot” options and leave the rest unchecked.
- Select the installation process by selecting the Marshmallow stock firmware file and then clicking on the Start button on the Odin screen.
- After the process is complete, your device will reboot automatically.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page