Revert ZTE Axon 7 Back to Android 7.0 from Android 7.1 Nougat.Recently, ZTE decided to update their device to Android 7.1.1 which might be a miner shift from 7.0 but unfortunately contains lot of bugs which range from random network drops to broken mobile data. Most users are complaining about these bugs and it has made their lives difficult as they are not able to use their phones properly.
Most of the problems could be solved by factory reset easily but some issues will require you to downgrade your device to Android 7.0. All the users who are facing such issues should factory reset the device, if the problems continue just downgrade the device by following our guide on How to downgrade ZTE Axon 7 from Android 7.1 to Android 7.0
There are two methods that you can use for downgrading your device. You just need to download few files and you are good to go. Both of the methods are simple and will help you downgrade your device in few minutes.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
How to downgrade ZTE Axon 7 from Android 7.1 to Android 7.0
Method 1: Using Stock Recovery
• Download the Nougat B15 file mentioned above, rename it as update.zip and copy it to your SD card.
• Now, go to Settings -> About Phone -> Enable Developer options.
• Now Power off your device and reboot it into recovery mode by pressing “Volume Up + Power” buttons simultaneously.
• Click on the option “Apply update via SD-card”.
• Select the zip file of Nougat B15 firmware and start the installation process.
• Wait until the process is finished and then reboot your device by using “reboot system now” option.
Method 2: Using TWRP recovery
• Download the TWRP recovery for Axon 7 by going to the link mentioned above.
• Download the Nougat B15 zip file and rename it as update.zip.
• Boot your device into TWRP custom recovery.
• Tap on Mount option and then check on “Mount System as Read-only”.
• Now, just tap on install.
• Select the update.zip file and then do the swipe action at the bottom of the screen to install the Nougat B15 Android 7.0 build.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page