Discord is a VoIP, instant messaging, calling, and digital distribution platform that is designed for creating communities. The users communicate with text messages, voice calls, video calls, media, and files in private chats. Constant usage of Discord could be taxing on the eyes. This is why Discord introduced Dark Mode. If you want to enable this mode on Discord, then this guide will be perfect for you. In this guide, you will get to know how to enable Dark Mode on Discord on iPhones.
What is Dark Mode?
Discord is an instant messaging social platform that has had the dark theme mode available on Android platforms for ages. However, there was no indication of this mode in the Apple ecosystem. Eventually, Discord started testing AMOLED Dark Mode on its iPhone app in beta testing.
While this feature has moved out of the beta testing phase and rolled out to the stable build, you still might not be able to access this app the conventional way as the developers have tried their best to hide this feature. With this app, you will get reduced eye strain and fatigue. Reduced eye fatigue will make it easier to use the phone for extended periods of time. It will also provide protection against blue light, which is linked to disrupted sleep patterns.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Discord on iPhones
- Open the Discord app and update it to the latest version
- If you are on a smartphone, you should tap the Hamburger icon located in the top right corner
- If you are on a desktop, you must click on the cog icon located in the bottom left corner beside the username
- In the menu that appears, you should scroll down to “App Settings” and click or tap on “Appearance” to open another menu
- Under “Theme”, you should click on tap “Dark” ten times and then select Discord’s dark theme
- This will bring up the AMOLED Mode and you need to enable it