How To Find Xiaomi Redmi Y2 IMEI Serial Number: IMEI or MEID number is a form of identification for a specific device. Every device has a unique IMEI number, and they are usually 16-digits long. This makes every device in existence different from every other in a single way at least. This is very helpful and every user should know the IMEI number of his/her device.
There are many situations when a user may need the IMEI number of his/her device. For example, if you want to exchange your device to buy a new device online, the site will ask your device’s IMEI number and it will also be very helpful if your device gets stolen. It is very easy to Check any device’s IMEI Serial Number. Here in this guide, we will go through all the methods.
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is an entry-level Android smartphone from Xiaomi. It is also known as Xiaomi Redmi S2 in some markets. The Xiaomi Redmi Y2comes equipped with a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1440 pixels. The device sports a 12-megapixel rear and a 16-megapixel front camera. The camera on this device performs well and it is one of the best in this price range.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 is powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. It runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box and houses a Non-removable Li-Po 3080 mAh battery. As the device has a 720P display, with this capacity it can go through a whole day.
Steps To Find Xiaomi Redmi Y2 IMEI Serial Number
Method 1: Check Device’s Box
On most of the devices boxes, the IMEI number is printed. So check the Original box of the device.
Method 2: Use Phone’s Dialer
- Turn on your Android device, and launch the dialer or phone application.
- Next, type in ” *#06# ” without the speech quotes.
- Your device will take a moment before it displays your IMEI number.
- In some cases, you will directly be able to copy it from the clipboard, while in other cases, it cannot be done so. In such a case, just note it down using a pen or a paper.
Method 3: Find It In The ‘About Phone’ Menu
- Turn on your Android device, and launch the Settings application.
- Scroll all the way down until you find an option called ‘About Phone‘.
- Now Go To Status
- Click There to find out the IMEI Information.
- You will be able to see your device’s IMEI number there.
Dedicated Post: 3 Ways To Find the IMEI Number on an Android device