Dota 2 is a popular multiplayer online battle arena action role-playing video game developed and published by Valve Corporation. This is a team-based video game that’s played in matches between two 5-player teams, with each team controlling and defending a different base on the map.
You’ll be able to play this game on Windows, OS X, and Linux. Since the game’s release, it has received largely positive reviews. However, the game isn’t without its bugs and issues. One of the common issues that the players have been facing is the game not showing in Steam Library.
Some Reddit users have also expressed frustration that DOTA 2 is missing from their Steam library, but they have no idea why. In this guide, you’ll get to know how to fix Dota 2 Not Showing in Steam Library.
How to fix Dota 2 Not Showing in Steam Library?
Method 1: Set Steam to run as administrator on Windows 11
- Right-click on the Steam shortcut icon on the desktop and then select Properties
- In the pop-up window, head over to the Compatibility tab
- Click the box beside “Run this program as an administrator” and then click OK
- Launch the Steam app and then check if Dota 2 has started showing up in the library
Method 2: Check for the correct game license
- Head over to the Steam app’s search bar
- Find the title of the game
- If you’ve bought the game successfully, you’ll not see the option to buy it
Method 3: Check the filter settings in the Steam library
- Launch the Steam app and head over to your library
- On the left side of the window and above the filters section option, you should check if the Show ready to play games button has been ticked
Method 4: Restart your router
- Turn off the router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Leave it for a couple of minutes and then plug it in again
- Check your internet connection
Method 5: Unhide the game from the Steam library
- Launch the Steam app
- Head over to the upper-left corner of the window before selecting View
- Now, click on Hidden Games
- Any hidden game will be displayed in the library
We sincerely hope that one of the aforementioned solutions helps you to fix Dota 2 Not Showing in Steam Library.
Featured Image Credit: dota2