Sony has a lot of range in the Xperia series. The Xperia SP is a device from 2013 that came during the times of Jelly Bean. It originally ran Android 4.1 Jelly Bean like all its siblings in that time. But now in the age of Nougat (with even Android O starting to show up), as a user of Xperia SP you would definitely love to upgrade right? Then you’ve come to the right place. Today we’ll show you how to get a Nougat based LineageOS ROM and install it on your Xperia SP. If you are an owner, then just follow our guide below to install LineageOS 14.1 on Sony Xperia SP.
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS, as you may already know, is the most popular custom ROM out there. It was the successor of the dominant CyanogenMod and belongs to the same family. It is still open source and so anyone in the developer community can contribute to it. That is what made this unofficial LineageOS 14.1 available for the Sony Xperia SP.
Nightly – The ROM is currently stable but there maybe some very small bugs present. It can be reported to and fixed by the developer.
We at RootMyGalaxy are not responsible in any way for anything caused to your device because of this guide. By following this guide, you agree that you are aware of that and are proceeding at your own risk.
- Rooted Sony Xperia SP.
- Unlocked bootloader.
- A custom recovery installed on your device (TWRP preferably).
- Make sure your device has 60+ percent battery backup.
- Make sure to take a backup of all the contents before proceeding.
- This ROM is meant only for Sony Xperia SP. So do not attempt to flash it on any other devices.
Download Official LineageOS 14.1 on Sony Xperia SP
These are the required files that you will need in the procedure. Download them and proceed as instructed below.
LineageOS 14.1 for Sony Xperia SP – Download
Gaaps – Download
How to Install Official LineageOS 14.1 on Sony Xperia SP
- Download both the files we have provided above and transfer them to your Sony Xperia SP.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery if not, install it.
- Turn off your phone and reboot into recovery mode now by pressing Volume Down + Power key.
- Once there, select Wipe and perform a wipe on the cache, Dalvik and system. This is an optional step that we recommend you to make in case anything goes wrong during the process.
- Return to the main screen and select flash, choose the LineageOS 14.1 ROM file that you have transferred to your phone and flash the file.
- Now go back and flash the Gaaps file before booting.
- Reboot your device. The very first boot will take a while to complete. You are done now.
That’s all about the procedure of installing Official LineageOS 14.1 on Sony Xperia SP. Hope you found this helpful. If you have any queries, drop a comment below and if you require more assistance, here is the original XDA thread. Please visit the original thread if you have found any bugs to report it to the developer.