Are you looking to erase or remove unwanted objects from images? If so, then there is a nifty feature on Pixel smartphones called Magic Eraser. Google Photos comes with a Magic Eraser feature, which allows you to swiftly remove any unwanted objects from your photographs. It is a more user-friendly option than editing software and doesn’t require any deep understanding of photo editing.
Magic Eraser, formerly a Pixel-only feature, is an amazing tool for erasing photobombers and unwanted elements from any photo, regardless of whether you are an Android or iOS user. Although Google Photos is available for all devices, if you haven’t got a Pixel smartphone, you will require a Google One subscription to use this feature.
If you’re looking to use this feature, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to use Magic Eraser on a Pixel smartphone.
Steps to use Magic Eraser on a Pixel Smartphone
Before you get started, you should make sure that you’re on the latest version of the Google Photos app. If you’re already using it, you’ll be able to use it to erase any unwanted items from your photos, whether they were shot on your smartphone or not. Here are the steps you need to follow –
- Open the Google Photos app on your Pixel smartphone
- Navigate to the image and then tap to open it
- Click on the “Edit” button from the menu section
- Now, scroll through the different options from right to left and then tap on “Tools”
- Choose the “Magic Erase” option under the Tools section
- Once you’ve done that, it’ll automatically look for unwanted things
- If you want to remove all the objects that the app finds, you should tap on the “Erase All” option
- You can also manually draw over the objects you wish to remove and Magic Eraser will remove them from the photo
- Once done, you can save the image