In this guide you will learn how to manually Install HTC One M8 Official Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA Update.Yes you heard it right.The One M8 becomes the second non-Nexus device to have received the OTA update officially after the LG G4 which received the Official Marshmallow update last week.Now you can download the HTC One M8 Marshmallow update file and flash it manually.But if you device is not rooted then you will get the update via OTA.To update to this Marshmallow update–>> Go to settings–>> about phone–>>Software update
The latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow update comes with some great features, bug fixes, performance improvements and stability.The update comes right from Google’s servers that will take the device’s ROM to version 5.07.1700.6 MRA85K.H6.If your device is rooted or if you want to flash the Marshmallow update right now then just follow the guide given below on How to Install HTC One M8 Official Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA Update.
Remember this is Only for Google Play edition Htc One M8.So do check your Android Model number before following this guide.You need to have stock recovery to Install / Flash the Stock ROM Update.You can’t use custom recoveries for this guide.
Now Official Marshmallow OTA Update available For Global Htc One M8 (Unlocked)↓
Official CyanogenMod 13 For Htc One M8→ Download Official CM13 ROM For Htc One M8 (2014)
Below we share the manual method to Flash / How to Install HTC One M8 Official Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA Update
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your GPE HTC One M8 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
→ This is Only for Google play edition Htc One M8
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
Download | Marshmallow OTA update for HTC One M8
Manually Install HTC One M8 Official Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA Update
Step By Step Guide
- First of all, Download the OTA zip file from the above the above given link
- Then Transfer the OTA zip file in your phone’s internal storage fro your PC via microUSB
- Now boot your Htc One M8 into Recovery Mode. To boot into stock recovery, First go to Settings, then Battery and uncheck the option that says FASTBOOT.Then power off your phone and press and hold volume down button and power button at the same time for 4-5 seconds. Once into the bootloader menu, choose recovery
- Once your Htc One M8 boots into Recovery Mode, Select Apply Updates from Storage and navigate to the OTA file you just saved on your phone. Select storage 0 if prompted.
- Then the installation process will start automatically.It will take a few minutes to complete the flashing process.
- Once the Flashing / Installation is successful, your device will reboot. Otherwise, go back and reboot to system
- Done!!! Now your Htc One M8 would be running on Official Android 6.0 Marshmallow
We hope this guide will help you.If you have any question or suggestion regarding the post ask in the comment section below.