Huawei has started pushing out the stable EMUI 10.0 update for its devices which is based on Android 10. However, the EMUI 10 global update has been released for Huawei P30, P30 Pro, and Mate 20 Pro devices. But due to the gradual roll-out process, it will take some time. Now, there is good news for Huawei users that some of the mentioned device users can now upgrade to the latest EMUI version easily. Check out the steps on How to Install EMUI 10 Based On Android 10 Update with HiCare app.
If you’re using Huawei P30, P30 Pro Porsche Design, Mate 20 RS, Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, Nova 5T device, then you can simply upgrade to EMUI 10 (Android 10) via the HiCare app. But before heading over to the update steps, make sure to follow all the requisites at first.
Pre-Requisites Before Upgrade
- If the HiCare app isn’t installed on your phone, then go to HUAWEI AppGallery to download and install it first. (If the HiCare app is already installed, then upgrade the app to the latest version on Huawei AppGallery)
- Make sure to check for an update on your device as well. Go to Settings > System > Software update.
- The device battery should be maintained at least 50%.
- Check out the device’s internal storage as well whether you’ve left storage at least 5GB or not.
- Take a complete backup of your data before update.
EMUI 10 Known Issues
- Some banking apps are not compatible with Android 10. This issue can be resolved only after compatible app versions are released.
- Some instant messaging apps are not compatible with Android 10 and may encounter issues when sending images. Restart the app to fix this issue.
- Silent mode will be enabled by default for notifications from instant messaging apps if you disabled sound and vibration alerts for them before installing this update. The alert mode can be modified in the app settings according to your preferences.
- For apps with the App twin feature enabled, this update might allow the twin app to read Messaging content. Disable and re-enable the App twin feature to fix the issue.
- The screen might flicker in certain situations when playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Set a non-HDR resolution or restart the game to fix the issue.
- Samsung watches might automatically disconnect from your phone after a certain period. This issue will be resolved in a later version.
- 30x zooming by pinching out with two fingers might occasionally fail. Drag the zoom slider or restart Camera to fix this issue.
How to Install EMUI 10 Based On Android 10 Update with HiCare app
- Now, you can upgrade to the EMUI 10 via the HiCare app. The HiCare app should be running to the latest version.
- Launch the HiCare App on your Huawei device > tap on Update > then Check for Updates > Download and install.
- You’re done. Now, you may have to wait for the OTA update notification.
[note type=”note”]You should receive the upgraded EMUI 10.0 version within 2 hours. It may take longer time as well due to a large number of applicants.[/note]
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful and you should now upgrade your Huawei device via HiCare app to EMUI 10 version. For any queries, comment below.
Source: Huawei Forum