Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 are two of the latest and most advanced foldable devices from the South Korean giant. The devices come with significant improvements over their predecessors. Both of these devices will be shipped with Android 12-based One UI 4.1.1 skin. Being premium devices, you don’t want the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Fold 4 to run into any issues. However, because of some unfortunate events, the devices could end up in a bricked situation. In this guide, you’ll get to know how to install stock ROM and unbrick Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy Z Fold 4.
Charge your device
You’ll have to keep your Samsung smartphone charged by at least 50% for avoiding any scenarios where the device switches off during the firmware flashing. In case it happens, your device can face more issues.
Download Samsung ODIN
Samsung ODIN is the official flashing tool by Samsung developers, which you’ll require to have on your computer to flash the firmware.
Download Samsung USB Drivers
Ensure that your PC has the latest Samsung USB drivers, which will help create a strong communication bridge between the connected Samsung device and the computer. These drivers will ensure that your Samsung smartphone is easily recognized by the PC when it is connected using a USB cable.
Download the required firmware file
You’ll have to download the stock firmware file on your PC, which you’ll be flashing going further to recover your Samsung device from a bricked state.
Steps to flash firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Unbrick it.
- Extract the contents present in the firmware file
- Launch the ODIN application on your PC
- Load the firmware files present in the respective sections
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using a USB cable
- Boot your device to the Download Mode
- For entering the Download Mode, switch off the device and keep pressing the Volume Up/Volume Down buttons together
- Your device will now be booted to the Download Mode
- Once your smartphone is connected, the CO port of ODIN will light up
- Click the Start button to start the firmware installed on your device
- Once the firmware has been installed, you will see a PASS message on the screen
- Reboot your smartphone to the system
You can read our detailed Samsung Galaxy installation and unbrick guide here as well
That wraps up the instruction for today. Don’t forget to forward this post to other Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy Z Fold 4 owners if you find it useful. Leave your thoughts in the space provided below.