In this guide, you will be able to learn How to Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Mi5s : Xiaomi released both the Xiaomi Mi5s as well as the Mi5s Plus later this year, and it has soon grew up to be people’s favorite in many ways. That’s all thanks to the flagship specs at the price of budget devices. For under $450, you get yourself a beast of a camera, gaming device, selfie expert, and also a beauty in design.
However, what we’ve seen so far from Xiaomi is its insane lack in UI language. MiUI is just not up par with the other software offerings from companies like OnePlus, Motorola, and Google. While MiUI has the latest Nougat version, the design elements are really just too bland. To concur this, we enter the sweet world of installing custom ROMs, recoveries and rooting devices.
In order to root Xiaomi Mi5s, we have to unlock the bootloader of Mi5s then we can install TWRP recovery and then we can get the root access by flashing SuperSu via TWRP recovery.Here is a simple guide that will allow you to understand and learn How to Install TWRP and root Xiaomi Mi5s.
- Make sure you own a Xiaomi Mi5s with an unlocked bootloader. If your bootloader is locked, then do not proceed any further. Follow our guide to do the same within the matter of minutes Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool : Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- Ensure you have backed up your personal files. While this will not cost you any loss of data, it is always a good practice to back everything up.Guide
- Without at least 60% charge, don’t proceed with the process.
- You also need ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC, alongside all the drivers.
- Lastly, download the latest and official version of TWRP recovery
TWRP Recovery Image file: Download
How to Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Mi5s
- Download the .img file from above for your device, and transfer it into your ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Rename it to a name you can remember, we will go for “recovery.img”.
- Boot your Xiaomi Mi5s into the fastboot mode, and connect it to your PC.
- Launch the command window, and type in the following commands :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now your Xiaomi Mi5s device will reboot, and you will have TWRP installed!
- For being able to root, refer to our comprehensive guide on how to install SuperSU and root the Xiaomi Mi5s.
Good going! With just a few simple steps, you’ve learnt How to Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Mi5s in under the matter of minutes! If you have any queries, then feel free to refer us in the comments section down below.