In this guide, you will learn How to Flash SuperSU Zip File using TWRP Recovery or any other custom recoveries & Root Any Android device. Here we will be sharing all the necessary steps to flash SuperSU On An Android device
If you want to root your android device, then you have to flash the SuperSU zip file via any recovery. We recommend TWRP recovery as it is the most used & features packed Recovery for Android devices right now. The flashing process is very simple and easy.
What is SuperSU and Why It is Important?
If you have an android phone and you know about root then you must know about SuperSU.This is developed by chainfire team. This is a must needed tool for rooted android phones. It should be installed on rooted phones to perform any other root related tweaks. SuperSU is the oldest root manager available in the Google play store.
SuperSU is the Superuser access management tool. The SuperSU requires a rooted device.The SuperSU allows for advanced management of Superuser access rights for all the apps on your device that need root.
Note: The latest version (official) TWRP recovery is TWRP 3.2.2-0, you can download from this link (available for limited devices) or you can follow this guide to download TWRP For your device (Official TWRP recovery)
There are few devices where this SuperSU will not work.Please download the right SuperSU from the tutorial from where you come to this post
Now Follow these simple steps to Safely Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- How To Secure Rooted Android Devices From Security Threats
- What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
Steps To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android devices
- Download the latest SuperSU zip file from the download section above and save the file in your device.
- Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery (Press and hold the Volume Down button + Home button + Power button at the same time. As soon as your device screen goes black, immediately leave the Volume down button and swap to Volume Up button while still holding other 2 buttons. Keep the 3 buttons pressed until you get into TWRP Recovery.)
- Now click on “Wipe” in the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Now go back to TWRP main menu, Click on “Install” and select SuperSU (zip file) that you saved in your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” to begin the installation process.(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your SuperSU is successfully installed, click on “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
- Done!!!Your device should be rooted.
For confirmation, install Root Checker from Google Play Store and confirm the root privileges in your smartphone.