If you’re an Android lover and want to root your device, then you should rejoice as the latest Magisk version is recently released recently by the developer topjohnwu. Magisk is the Root Manager for Android running devices that offers system-less root access on your device without affecting the system files.
The Magisk 20.1 or higher versions can hide the root, bypass SafetyNet measures, and more. While the newly released Magisk 20.4 zip and Magisk Manager 7.5.1 APK comes with plenty of bug fixes.
It offers stability improvements, fixes, potential bootloop issue in A-only 2SI devices, enables SELinux feature, introduces standalone mode, disables MagiskHide by default, and more. We have provided the features and changes of the new Magisk version below.
Magisk 20.4 zip (Stable) – Changelog
- [MagiskInit] Fix potential bootloop in A-only 2SI devices
- [MagiskInit] Properly support Tegra partition naming
- [General] Load libsqlite.so dynamically, which removes the need to use wrapper scripts on Android 10+
- [General] Detect API level with a fallback method on some devices
- [General] Workaround possible bug in x86 kernel readlinkat system call
- [BusyBox] Enable SELinux features. Add chcon/runcon etc., and ‘-Z’ option to many applets
- [BusyBox] Introduce standalone mode. More details in release notes
- [MagiskHide] Disable MagiskHide by default
- [MagiskHide] Add more potential detectable system properties
- [MagiskHide] Add workaround for Xiaomi devices bootloop when MagiskHide is enabled on cross-region ROMs
- [MagiskBoot] Support patching special Motorolla DTB format
- [MagiskPolicy] Support ‘genfscon’ sepolicy rules
- [Scripts] Support NAND based boot images (character nodes in /dev/block)
- [Scripts] Better addon.d (both v1 and v2) support
- [Scripts] Support Lineage Recovery for Android 10+
Magisk Manager 7.5.1 APK – Changelog
- Fix sk strings
The links are taken from the GitHub official page.
We hope you’ve found this article. Download and install the latest version of Magisk on your Android device to get the most out of it.