Download and Install official N920AUCU4EQC6 Nougat on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A): If you are an owner of the AT&T variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 5, then we have a great news for all AT&T Galaxy Note 5 users as a new OTA update is released for the device and It is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. For quite some time we have been helping Samsung users in installing the latest Nougat update and today, we’ll show you how to install Nougat update on your AT&T Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A).
As the full stock Android Nougat firmware hasn’t been made available yet, we will be using the OTA update zip file which will help you upgrade your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 5’s software to version N920AUCU4EQC6.
The process is fairly simple, you will just need to download few files, fulfil few pre-requisites which are necessary for the update and then following this step-by-step guide.
- Make sure that you have a backup of all the important data and apps.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure that your device is stock as the package won’t install if it is rooted or already has stock recovery installed. If it is rooted, install the QB2 firmware and then install the Nougat OTA.
- Be sure to enable the USB debugging.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Enable all the system apps or the OTA installation might fail.
- Keep the battery percentage more than 50% and then start the update.
Download official N920AUCU4EQC6 Nougat For AT&T Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A)
- Download the Firmware file
- QB2 to QC6 OTA zip
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
Note: Download the firmware file and unzip it. You will find 5 files inside the folder that you extracted. Install the first 4 files using Odin.
- AP_N920AUCS4CQB2_CL8961126_QB12615386_REV00_user_low _ship.tar.md5
- BL_N920AUCS4CQB2_CL8961126_QB12615386_REV00_user_low _ship.tar.md5
- CP_N920AUCS4CQB2_CL8961126_QB12615386_REV00_user_low _ship.tar.md5
How To Install official N920AUCU4EQC6 Nougat on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A)
- Setup ADB and Fastboot On your PC.
- Download the OTA zip files and copy them to a folder.
- Turn off your device and reboot it to recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume up + Home + Power” buttons for few seconds.
- Scroll down and select apply update via adb option.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Open the folder where you copied the OTA zip files and open command window by “Pressing shift + right clicking on the mouse”.
- When the command window opens, type the given command and press enter key to make sure that your device is connected properly -> adb devices
- If it displays a string of characters that means you are on the right path.
- Now, give the following command followed by the name of OTA zip file and press enter -> adb sideload SS-N920AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip
- Now, you need to install the OTA files in an incremental order and wait.
- Once completed, reboot your phone and after it reboots, it will run on Android Nougat.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.