After waiting for a couple of months, Samsung has finally started rolling out the official One UI 2.1 for Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy Note 10 models. While Samsung’s One UI offers smoother transition animations, improved visual interface, improved app icons, new system UI, smooth clutter-free user experience with one-handed operational features. Then Samsung has released One UI 2.0 version based on Android 10 with more improved features and stability. Now, it’s time for One UI 2.1 which is also based on Android 10 that brings AR Emoji, Quick Share, Music Share, camera improvements, Samsung Keyboard & System improvements, etc.
The new update also brings Pro Video mode, 4K @60fps recording from the front camera, and so many features. It also offers April 2020 Security Patch that weighs almost 2GB in size. As the OTA update is rolling out in an incremental manner, it will take a few days to arrive on all the Galaxy S10 and Note 10 variants completely.
The new One UI 2.1 update for the Galaxy S10 series comes with a new firmware version G975FXXU4CTC9 for the Galaxy S10 Plus, G973FXXU4CTC9 for the Galaxy S10, and G970FXXU4CTC9 for the Galaxy S10e. While the Galaxy Note 10 variant users are receiving the firmware build number ending with CTC7. As of now, the update is live in Germany, Europe region and will soon arrive to the rest of the countries. Now, let’s check the full update changelog below:
One UI 2.1 Update Changelog
- New Mode: Single Take
- New Mode: Pro Video
- New Feature: Custom Filters
- New Feature: Night Hyperlapse
- New Setting: Smart Selfie Angle
- Front camera can now record 4K at 60 FPS.
- Holding shutter button now starts video in photo mode
- Burst/GIF functionality has been moved from holding the shutter button to swiping it from the edge.
- ‘AR Emoji’ in ‘More’ is now ‘AR Zone’. ‘AR Zone’ groups all AR related camera functions into one app. Some AR apps have also been updated and improved.
- Visual and layout updates to ‘Display’, ‘Software Update’ and ‘Wi-Fi’ sections.
- Samsung Keyboard
- Redesigned with an updated look
- Haptic feedback when deleting text
- Undo Gesture
- New Option: Keep symbol panel open
- New Shortcut: Keyboard Size
- New Feature: Search
- New Feature: Translate
- New Feature: Samsung Pass
- New Feature: Quick Share
- New Feature: Music Share
- New Feature: Deep Sleeping Apps
- New MultiStar Feature: Multi Focus
- New Gallery Feature: Clean View
- New Gallery Feature: Crop button when zooming in photos.
- New Messages Feature: Categories
- New My Files Feature: FTP/SMB Support
- New animation when using fingerprint
- Changed positioning of status bar icons
- Updated message prompts
- Additional screen zoom options have been added
- This updated should bring support for NavStar for those having issues. Make sure to reinstall.
- Photo editor is improved and has new image resize functionality.
- Apps can now be kept open for quick launching.
In order to check for One UI 2.1 for Galaxy S10 and Galaxy Note 10 OTA updates, you can head over to the Settings – Software update – Download updates manually. If any new version is available, you can download and install it using the mobile data or Wi-Fi network. Make sure that the device battery is charged enough to install the update properly. Otherwise, you can manually check for the One UI 2.1 firmware file for your Galaxy device including variant and region using the Frija tool.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.