Paranoid Android on OnePlus 3 and 3T: ‘Paranoid Android‘ well let me tell you I am not making up this name. Neither is this an article on how Android is making people Paranoid. I for one would say this is a well-thought eye catchy name. Now allow me to surprise you with what actually is ‘Paranoid Android’.
Paranoid Android is an open source operating system which is available for both mobiles and tablets. It has been termed as one of the most famous Custom ROMs available after CynogenMod. When did the journey begin, the company was set up in 2015 with the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. They have now come up with the latest build with Android 7.1.2 Nougat. With a new release comes a new expectation. Paranoid Android will not let you down with what they have in their latest release.
The system is now lighter and gives a lag free performance. The team has worked on adding exciting features to the Android OS as well as few of them exclusively for OnePlus 3 and 3T. What is exclusively done for OnePlus 3 and 3T is their camera effects have significantly been improved with better optimizations and controls.
Features for Paranoid Android
- Pie Controls
- Color Engine
- On-the-spot controls
- Immersive Mode
- Paranoid OTA Updater
- Battery Styles
- Advanced Power Dialog
- Recent App Locking
- Quick Pull-down
- Substratum Support
- Enhanced Kernel + Control
OnePlus Specific Features:
- Advanced Button Control
- Gesture Control
- Alert Slider Support
- Fingerprint Enhancements
- Camera Enhancements
Steps to Install Paranoid Android on OnePlus 3 and 3T
- Download the zip file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your ROM is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Repeat the same above process to flash GApps
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
Hope this article is helpful to you. Let us know your feedback on Paranoid Android on OnePlus 3 and 3T in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.