The Realme 5 Pro was launched in September 2019 that comes with mid-budget category specifications and runs on Android 9 Pie. It has quad rear cameras with a stunning gradient colour design. The handset is also expected to receive the Android 10 update in 2020 which is a great thing. Currently, a new firmware update is rolling out for the Realme 5 Pro that brings a new security patch and other improvements. The update comes with a software version RMX1971EX_11_A.15 over Android 9 Pie.
Now, coming to the software update changelog, it brings the latest December 2019 Security Patch, added click the blank area to back to the launcher on recent task interface, Clone apps support more 3rd-party applications, flash on call feature added, added dark mode toggle, etc. While the update also offers updated font change support in Theme Store, updated Nightscape algorithm of the front camera, black spot issue fixes, and more. We have provided the full changelog below.
RMX1971EX_11_A.15 – Changelog
- Android security patch: December, 2019
- Added click the blank area to back to the launcher on recent task interface
- Clone Apps support more third-party applications（Twitter、Freecharge、Zomato、Swiggy、Snapchat）
- Added flash on call feature
- Notification Center and Status Bar
- Added fast switch toggles of dark mode in notification center
- Theme Store
- Updated font change supporting in Theme Store
- Updated Nightscape algorithm of front camera, fixed the probabilistic black spot issue
- Known issue fixed
- Fixed the issue of low probability of crashing when long press on desktop icon to clear storage usage
- Fixed a low probability of phone manager crashing when the screen is automatically landscaped
- Fixed the issue that English is selected in the time zone interface in Hindi
Meanwhile, you can check the OTA update on your device as the OTA is rolling out in an incremental way. So, it can take some time expectedly. Head over to the device Settings – Software update – Check for software update. Here we have additionally provided the firmware download link with installation steps if you don’t want to wait for OTA update.
- Region: India
- Device: Realme 5 Pro
- Codename: RMX1971
- Software Version: RMX1971EX_11_A.15
- Android: 9.0 Pie
- Download: Link (Recovery)
Installation Guide: How To Install Latest Updates Manually On Realme Devices (Firmware Update Guide)