The Realme X2 users in India have started receiving the latest December 2019 Security Patch Update. The update brings many bug fixes and improvements to the system. It is still based on ColorOS 6.1/ Android Pie. We have to for the ColorOS 7/Android 10 update. The current update brings software version RMX1992EX_11.A.17.
The update will bump the software version from A.15 to A.17. According to the changelog (mention below), many major bugs which were present in the previous build has been addressed. The update brings optimization to the voice quality in the third-party apps and nightscape quality of the front camera. Now users have the option to change fonts in the theme store. the new update brings Optimization to the standby power consumption in partial scenarios and many more. You can check the full changelog below.
The update is being released as an OTA and it weighs around 263 MBs in size. If you own the device, you can manually check for the update. Just go to the Settings – Software update – Check for software update on your device whether a new software version is available or not.
Realme X2 gets RMX1992EX_11.A.17 December 2019 Security Patch (Changelog)
You will find the official update changelog below:
– Android security patch: December 2019
– Optimized the voice call quality of the third-party application
– Optimized nightscape quality of front camera
– Updated font change supporting in Theme Store
Notification Center and Status Bar
– Added dark mode fast switch toggles in the notification centre
– Added personal hotspot data consumption display
– Optimized standby power consumption in partial scenarios
Known issue fixed
– Fixed the issue of low sound when connected to AirPods2 headset
– Fixed the problem that the background of the WhatsApp application dialog is not clear in dark mode
– Fixed the issue of camera overexposure in some scenes
* Android version: Android 9.0
- Region: India
- Device: Realme X2
- Codename: rmx1992
- Version: A.17
- Android: 9
- Download: Link (Recovery)
- Installation Guide: How To Install Latest Updates Manually On Realme Devices (Firmware Update Guide)
Realme has already mentioned that all the OTA updates will roll-out in a staged manner. As expected, the OTA update will take a few days or more. After rolling over a limited number of users, when the update package found stable enough, it will spread over all the devices respectively.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.