Back in February, Redmi K40 debuted in China which was recently launched in India as Xiaomi Mi 11X. In both regions, the device launched with Android-11 based MIUI 12. Now, the company has started pushing MIUI 12.5 update to Redmi K40 users in China.
MIUI 12.5 seems a small increment to MIUI 12, But actually, this brings important changes to the CPU performance, battery effeciency, and gestures. The update carries firmware version V220.127.116.11.RKHCNXM and requires you to download a big chunk of data, 3.8GB to be precise.
The MIUI 12.5 brings a revamped system UI which reduced the CPU usage by up to 22% and lowers power consumption by up to 15%. Unlike the MIUI 12, gestures in MIUI 12.5 have their dedicated thread for a much faster response. Another important change is that a vast majority of system apps can now be uninstalled.
If you’re a Redmi K40 user in China and have not received the MIUI 12.5 update yet, then manually check it by navigating to Settings >> About phone >> System update. For those who can’t wait, we have added a download link for the latest package that requires manual installation, which we don’t recommend.
- Redmi K40
MIUI 12.5. Yours alone.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- System animations
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- Haptic feedback
- New: Haptic feedback brings a new dimension to familiar actions.
- System sounds
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- New: Stereo system sounds.
- Super wallpapers
- New: Mount Siguniang super wallpaper.
- Privacy protection
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- Floating windows
- New: Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- New: Floating windows can be quickly replaced with fullscreen versions of the apps.
- New: App flashcards Show key info when apps are displayed as floating windows.
- *Learn more about new features in “Special features”.
- Home screen
- New: “Ripples” animation for downloading apps.
- New: “Burst” animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: New design for app folders.
- New: A vertical layout for Recents.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- New: Convert images to PDF.
- New: Password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- New: You can share device location with other people in your family sharing group.
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
- Mi Carrier Services
- New: You can manage multiple SIM cards now.
- New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- New: You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
- New: Custom themes for keyboards.
- New: Font weight adjustment options for third party fonts.
- Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
- New: Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
- Optimization: Redesigned Incognito mode.
- Optimization: Pages load much faster now.