Xiaomi is sending MIUI 12.5 update to Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G which is based on Android 11. The smartphone was launched back in December last year in the home market China with Android-10 based MIUI 12 skin. Don’t get confused with the Chinese and Global models, as both have completely different set of specifications. So, getting MIUI 12.5 on the Chinese model does not necessarily mean that it will soon roll out for Global/Indian Redmi Note 9 Pro.
MIUI 12.5 may seem a small upgrade over MIUI 12, but actually, it brings lots of surprising improvements. The CPU usage is drastically reduced to improve the device performance and the power consumption gets reduced by up to 15%. The gestures now have dedicated threads, which makes them more responsive. MIUI 12.5 allows users to remove majority of system applications, which is also great. Apart from all this, there are a lot of new changes which you can read in the changelog, given below.
The MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G can be identified by software version V126.96.36.199.RJSCNXM. If you have not received the update yet, then manually check for the update by heading to Settings >> About phone >> System updates. If you’re one of those who can’t wait to try the new update, then manually download & install the package. Download links are given below.
Redmi Note 9 Pro
- MIUI 12.5. Yours alone.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- New: Mount Siguniang super wallpaper.
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- You can combine your phone and computer into a single working station.
- You can view MIUI notifications and open phone apps on your computer.
- Apps from your phone can be handed off to your computer.
- The items copied on a phone can now be pasted on the computer and vice versa.
- Photos and screenshots from a mobile device can be instantly used on a computer.
- Web pages can be seamlessly handed over from one device to another.
- You can transfer files to your mobile device using the “MIUI+” panel on your computer.
- New “File Manager” and “Notes” for computers.
- New: Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- New: Floating windows can be quickly replaced with fullscreen versions of the apps.
- New: App flashcards Show key info when apps are displayed as floating windows.
- *Learn more about new features in “Special features”.
- New: “Ripples” animation for downloading apps.
- New: “Burst” animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: New design for app folders.
- New: A vertical layout for Recents.
- New: Convert images to PDF.
- New: Password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- New: You can share device location with other people in your family sharing group.
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
- New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- New: You can press and hold
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.