Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi has started rolling out a new software update to Redmi Note 9S and Redmi Note 9 Pro users. It brings the July 2021 security patch which fixes dozens of vulnerabilities to improve system security and privacy.
The new software update is currently rolling out to the global variant of Redmi Note 9S and Note 9 Pro. It will be rolled out to other regions over the next few days. The new OTA update for Redmi Note 9S comes with firmware version V18.104.22.168.RJWMIXM and for Redmi Note 9 Pro, the firmware version is V22.214.171.124.RJZMIXM.
It is a minor security patch update. So, don’t expect to see any UI changes, new features, or performance improvements. The update has already started rolling out and may take a couple of days to reach all the units. Meanwhile, you can manually check for the latest update on any Redmi smartphone by heading over to Settings >> About phone and tap on Check for updates.
Users who do not want to wait for the OTA update, use the download links given below to grab the latest package and install it properly.
- Redmi Note 9S
- Redmi Note 9 Pro
- V126.96.36.199.RJWMIXM (Redmi Note 9S)
- V188.8.131.52.RJZMIXM (Redmi Note 9 Pro)
- Redmi Note 9S – V184.108.40.206.RJWMIXM – Download here
- Redmi Note 9 Pro – V220.127.116.11.RJZMIXM – Download here
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.