In this guide, you will learn How to safely root AT&T Htc One A9.You heard it right now you can root your Htc One A9.Htc One A9 is the latest android smartphone from Htc and the phone is running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow straight out of the box.Just follow the simple and easy guide to Root AT&T Htc One A9
Now root is available for Htc One A9 but to root your device you have to unlock the bootloader of Htc One A9.If you haven’t unlocked the bootloader yet then follow this guide–>>How to unlock HTC One A9 Bootloader
Device that is supported
- Right now, root is available only for AT&T One A9
- Check your model number don’t try this method on different variants
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your AT&T Htc One A9 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Follow the guide below to Safely Root AT&T Htc One A9
Modified boot image
a9-att-635081.3.zip — Link
→ Make sure you download the right boot image whose filename contains build info as found here: Settings > About > Software Information > More.
TWRP recovery — Link
→ TWRP is semi-working, but it’s good enough to root A9 using guide below.
su.zip — Link
superuser.zip — Link
Full Step by step guide to Root AT&T Htc One A9
How To Safely Root AT&T Htc One A9
Step By Step Guide
- First Download the FOUR files required for One A9 root using this method. Keep them in a new folder called roota9
- Then Do this:–>>In roota9 folder, extract the zip file to get a .img file from it. Rename the resulting .img file to boot.img. Also rename the TWRP recovery file to twrp.img.
- Then Install ADB and fastboot on your PC.Follow this guide–>>Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
- Then Install Htc Drivers on your Pc
- Now, open command window in the roota9 folder, in which you have the modified boot and TWRP files. For this:
- Open that roota9 folder and then left click on empty white space in the folder.
- Now, while holding shift key, right click on empty white space to get a pop-up as shown below.
- Now choose Open command window here option from that.
- You will see a command window open up, with location directed to roota9 folder.Now connect your Htc A9 to your PC via USB cable
- Now type the command below to boot your device into download mode
adb reboot download
- Then check if Fastboot is working or not ype the below command
- Now Install modified boot image now. For that, run the following command.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Again Boot into bootloader mode now. Run the following command for that.
- Now Boot your device into recovery mode. For that, move the selection to ‘Boot into recovery mode’ option using volume keys, and then select it using power button.
- Then do a factory reset.Then from recovery main menu boot into bootloader made by pressing ‘Reboot to Bootloader‘
- Now Install TWRP recovery now. Run the following command for that.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Now from bootloader, reboot your device to recovery mode by running the below command
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Now mount the data partition using the command below.
adb shell mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p62 /data
- In your roota9 folder, unzip the su.zip file to get su.img. Copy the su.img to roota9 folder if it’s any other folder.
- Now, just you have to root your One A9. Transfer the su.img file using the following command.
adb push su.img /data/su.img
- Now restart the device. In TWRP, tap on Reboot > System.
- Install superuser app to manage root permissions.To do that follow the below steps
- Unzip the superuser.zip file in roota9 folder to get superuser.apk
- Transfer the apk to your deive and install the app
- Done!!! Htc One A9 is now rooted.
To verify the root status install Root Checker.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.