In this guide, you will learn How to unlock HTC One A9 Bootloader.If you want to Mod your device then unlocking the bootloader is the most important thing to do first.Don’t worry though there is no root method available for Htc One A9 right now, you can still unlock Htc One A9 Bootloader with a simple and easy official method.
Why Should you Unlock Bootloader?
You can’t install any third-party recovery or third party ROMS and kernel if your device’s bootloader is locked.So it is very important to unlock the bootloader to Mod your android device.Remember when you unlock your bootloader, your device’s warranty will void.
After unlocking the bootloader of Htc One A9, you can easily install TWRP Recovery on it (When available) and then you can root Your Htc One A9.So let’s start the guide on How to unlock HTC One A9 Bootloader
Now TWRP Is available For Htc One A9.Full Installation Guide–>>How To Install TWRP Recovery on HTC One A9
If you want to download Stock wallpapers of Htc One A9 –>>Download HTC One A9 Stock HD Wallpapers
Htc One A9 RUU Download from this link–>>The latest HTC One A9 RUU Is now availble to download (Stock Firmware / ROM Update Utility)
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Htc one A9 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
*Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
->Unlocking the bootloader will delete your personal data from the device. So, backup your important data before proceeding
->Download and Install Htc Drivers on your PC (download if you haven’t )–>>Htc USB Drivers
->Set Up ADB and Fastboot On Your Computer
- Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
- How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
After doing all this thing now just follow the guide carefully to unlock HTC One A9 Bootloader
How to Safely unlock HTC One A9 Bootloader
Step By Step Guide
- First Open HTC Dev Official Page and Register a New account.Then activate the account through the received activation email
- Once your account is activated login to HTC Dev account. After logging into HTC Dev account Open Unlock Bootloader page.
- On Unlock Bootloader page find the Supported devices section (Left side).Under the Supported devices select “All other supported models”. After that click on the Green Begin Unlock Bootloader Button. (Check the image below)
- There will be a pop-up confirmation message “Are you sure you wish to continue?“, click on Yes to continue the unlocking process.
- Again you will see a pop-up which prompts to accept legal terms. Tick both boxes and click on the Proceed to Unlock Instructions button.
- After that, it will take you to the next page, On the next page you will be able to see instructions to enter into Bootloader modeon your Phone. You have to follow the instructions to enter into Bootloader.
Enter into The Bootloader:
- Switch off your Phone.
- Press and Hold Volume Down + Power Button until you enter into the Bootloader mode.
- Once you are in Bootloader Mode, Press Power Button once. After pressing the Power Button, you will enter into the FastBoot mode.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot Tools on your PC (Check Important Section Above)
- Then just connect your Htc One A9 to the Computer (Make sure USB drivers are installed on your PC Check the Important section above)
- Open Command window from the ADB and Fastboot folder
- In the command window, give the following command:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- Now, you will be able to see the identifier token of your HTC One A9. You have to copy the whole token, to copy right click on the CMD and Select Mark and copy the identifier token
- Then again open the HTC Dev Official website and enter the copied identifier token (You just copied) Once you have pasted the identifier token, click on Submit button. (Image Below)
- Now, you will receive an email from HTC Dev team with the attached Unlock_code.bin file. You have to download this file and place it in the “root” folder that you have created in
- Then just place the Unlock_code.bin file in root folder, Now again come back to command prompt to give another command
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- Once the unlocking process is completed your phone automatically reboot.
- Done!!!Now the bootloader of your new Htc One A9 is unlocked
*If this ADB and Fastboot don’t work then Download and install this Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools and try all the steps