Here we will be sharing Full step by step Guide On How to safely Root Motorola Moto X Pure (2015) & Install TWRP Recovery.
As you guys know, first we have to unlock the bootloader, then we can install TWRP recovery with ADB & Fast boot commands and lastly we can flash the SuperSu Root file via TWRP recovery to get root access on Moto X Pure.It is not that difficult as it sounds.Just follow the steps carefully.
If you bought a Motorola Moto X Pure Edition/Style and now you want to root it then this article will guide you to Root Motorola Moto X Pure (2015) & Install TWRP Recovery v220.127.116.11.
Now Marshmallow is available for Moto X Pure / Style Go to the Link below for the Guide
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Moto X Pure Edition/Style while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Remember Before rooting:
How to Root Motorola Moto X Pure (2015) & Install TWRP Recovery v18.104.22.168
- Rooting your phone can void your warranty
- After rooting you can tweak your phone
- You can unroot it if you want
- You can overclock or underclock your CPU to make your phone faster
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader
How To Safely Root Motorola Moto X Pure (2015) & Install TWRP Recovery v22.214.171.124
Step By Step Guide
UNLOCK MOTO X Pure (2015) BOOTLOADER
Root Motorola Moto X Pure (2015) & Install TWRP Recovery v126.96.36.199
- First Install ADB drivers.
- Then Install Moto X Pure driver. (Common for all Motorola Android devices.)
- On your Moto X Pure, enable USB debugging. For this:(Go to Settings > About phone, and then tap ‘Build number’ 7 times or until you see the ‘you’re not a developer’ message pop up)
- Go back to Settings, then choose ‘Developer options’. Find the ‘USB debugging’ option and use its toggle button to enable it. Accept warning by tapping on OK button.
- Now Connect your Moto X Pure to PC now. You will get a pop-up as shown below on your phone when you connect for the first time after enabling USB debugging. Select ‘Always allow from this computer’ checkbox and then tap on OK button.
- Download the Moto X Pure TWRP recovery from above. And also the SuperSU file that will be used to Root the device. Transfer the SuperSU file (UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip) to PC.
- Rename the recovery file, from twrp-188.8.131.52-clark.img, to a simple one, motoxp-twrp.img
- Now, open command window in the folder where you have the motoxp-twrp.img file. For this:
- Open that folder and then left click on empty white space in the folder.
- Now, while holding shift key, right click on empty white space to get a pop-up as shown below.
- Now choose Open command window here option from that.
You will see a command window open up, with location directed to folder where you have the twrp recovery file.
Boot your Moto X Pure into Bootloader/Fastboot mode:
- Power off your device and wait for 3-4 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold Power and Volume down together for 3 seconds and then let go. You’ll enter bootloader mode. And should see FASTBOOT written at top. It’s already in Fastboot mode by default.
Whether fastboot is working alright. For this, run the command given below. (You can also copy paste the command and then use enter key to run it.)
→ Upon running command above, you should get a serial no. with fastboot written after it. If you don’t get fastboot written on cmd window, then it means you need to reinstall adb and fastboot drivers, or change restart PC, or use original USB cable.
Flash Moto X Pure TWRP recovery now. Use the following command for that.
fastboot flash recovery motoxp-twrp.img
- TWRP recovery will now be installed on your Moto X Pure. It will be done pretty quickly, like 1-2 seconds.
Now You have to Root Your Moto X pure 2015 by flashing the SuperSu.zip.Follow the below guide:
Step 2. Move the ZIP file on your Phone and boot the Phone in recovery mode.
Step 3. Once you are on the TWRP recovery, Go to Install and choose the ZIP file.
Step 4. Once the ZIP file is flashed on your Phone, Go back to the main menu of recovery and Reboot the phone.
Step 5.Now you have successfully rooted your phone and installed the TWRP recovery.
Step 6.To verify the root status install Root Checker.
DONE!!! Your Moto X Pure Edition is now rooted.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.