Samsung has officially resumed the distribution of the Android-12 based One UI 4.0 update for a bunch of Galaxy devices, including the Samsung Galaxy S21 Series, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3. Verizon, one of the major US network providers, has started rolling out the Android 12 update to carrier-locked Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 devices. This new update can easily be identified via build version F926USQS1BUL6 and it is quickly being rolled out to more and more Galaxy Z Fold 3 handsets in the USA.
Changelog for the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 Update for Galaxy Z Fold 3
Alongside a wide variety of new features, Samsung will also be including the new December 2021 Security patch to offer better security. This software update will come with the new Android 12 and One UI 4.0 with many new features and enhanced customization and privacy abilities, which will allow the user to control numerous aspects, giving you the freedom to create your own optimized mobile experience.
- Quick Panel – Using One UI 4.0, the user will now be able to manage brightness far more comfortably, with the larger brightness bar in the quick panel. Additionally, the name of the “Media” button has also been changed to “Media Output”.
- Widgets – The One UI 4.0 has introduced redesigned Home Screen widgets for the Samsung Galaxy smartphones, giving you more information at a glance while letting you personalize and decorate the home screen the way you want to.
- Dynamic wallpapers – The new One UI 4.0 has adopted Google Android 12’s Dynamic wallpapers, which are commonly known as Material You theming engine. Apart from having the capability to select from the featured and downloaded wallpapers, you’ll also be able to choose different color themes.
Download and install the One UI 4.0 update on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
In case you are a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Verizon user, you should be on the lookout for this update as you’ll be receiving it anytime in the coming days. You can also manually check for the update by following these simple instructions –
- Simply navigate to the Settings
- Look for the Software Update option
- Tap on Download and Install the update
- Reboot your device and once your device restarts, you can enjoy the new update