PlayStation 5 has been a major hit among the masses and you can experience lightning-fast loading speed in PlayStation 5 as well as ultra-high speed SSD, Adaptive Trigger 1, deep immersion with support for Haptic Feedback 1, and the next-gen line of exciting PlayStation games.
However, there’s another good news for PlayStation 5 users, according to the latest reports, PlayStation 5 users will be getting a new software update and it comes with the build number v22.02-06.00.01. In the new update, the developers have greatly improved the System Performance. Moreover, you’ll also be able to request party members to start screen sharing for viewing their gameplay.
Changelog for the PlayStation 5 version 22.02-06.00.01
- 1440p HDMI video output will be supported from now on. Before using it, you’ll need to run a test for verifying that your HDMI device supports 1440p output. You can do so by selecting Settings -> Display and Video -> Video Output -> Test 1440p Output.
- The Game Base has been updated and now you’ll be able to request party members to start screen sharing if you want to see their gameplay. Head over to the voice chat map, choose the party members that you want to send the request, and select Request Screen Share.
- When receiving messages, you will now be able to view the sender’s profile by simply selecting a message and then pressing the option key.
- The Friend Requests have been updated. If you’ve accepted any friend request in the Received list, you’ll now be able to view your new friend’s profile under Accepted Requests.
- You’ll be able to send stickers and voice messages to the groups in the game base map.
- There have been improvements made to the Screen Reader feature. Where shortcuts for the controller’s button were appearing on the screen, the screen reader will now read them out loud.
- The DualSense wireless controller device software has been updated to improve stability.
- The customize key assignment will now be available on the passcode entry screen.
- Fixed the issue that was causing system software errors in sleep mode on PlayStation 5 consoles.