May 12, 2017 – Guide: How To Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus: Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are the new flagships from Samsung. Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus became trending in the market. Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus was released in 2017 with Android Nougat out of the box. Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 plus features 1440 x 2960 pixels Super AMOLED display, 12MP rear and 8MP front facing camera, Snapdragon 835 system chip, 3000/3500mah battery.
One of the nice things regarding Samsung devices is that the simple availableness of stock firmware and an easier methodology for flashing them. If just in case if your device runs in into any hard brick or dead state, you’ll be able to roll back to stock Version using their software. The factor that creates it really easy is that the procedure to flash the ROM. Odin downloader makes everything very simple for everybody.
When we try to access the root on our device, sometimes we may end up having bricked device which no longer starts properly or gets stuck in boot screen or boot loop or it won’t turn on completely. This is the very common issue for every Android smartphone, but it can be fixed easily by installing the Stock firmware. In this article, we will guide you how to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This method is only for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus Smartphones.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus are installed on the PC.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Stock Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S8 PlusStock Firmware
Download latest ODIN tool for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are Installed on your PC.
- Download the firmware File for your device from the download section above (Download according to your model)
- Go to Settings –> About device –> Software info and tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Go back to the main menu –> Developer options enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
- Boot your device into Download mode Steps to boot Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus into download and recovery mode
- After your reboots into download mode, open the Odin folder and launch the Odin v3.xx.x.exe (Run as Administrator)
- Now connect your Galaxy device to PC
- The ID: COM port will turn blue color in Odin when your device is detected.
- In Odin click on AP button and add the firmware .tar or .md5 file to it.
- Now click on the Options tab in Odin tool and uncheck Auto-Reboot box.
- Then click the Start button to start installation.
- After Successful installation, you will see PASS! message in Odin.
- Disconnect your Galaxy device from PC.