Samsung has recently released its all-new foldable display device called Samsung Galaxy Z Flip with flagship specifications with Android 10 out-of-the-box. Now, if you’re using this handset and want to install any custom recovery or custom firmware or root access on your phone, you will need to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip at first. Here we’ve shared the simple steps to do that.
For all the Android device users, it’s quite necessary to unlock the bootloader at first as this is the main door towards customizations. Once you unlock the device bootloader successfully, you can easily install custom files in order to customize your handset vastly. You can easily unlock the bootloader for the global Exynos processor variants by following the guide below.
Bootloader Unlocking on Android
A Bootloader is a system code that runs every time before any Operating System starts on a mobile or a computer. It’s worth mentioning that each and every device that runs on an operating system comes with a bootloader. It usually allows instructions to the hardware on a device to arrange the boot sequence whether the device will run the operating system or the stock recovery mode.
It basically happens within a fraction of seconds before a boot logo appears on the device. All the bootloaders on Android devices come locked by default from the manufacturer due to security or privacy measures. The manufacturers don’t want to install any third-party file on the devices for stability and security. So, if you want to flash a custom ROM or any other third-party file, make sure to unlock the bootloader at first.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Specifications
It has a 6.7″ dynamic AMOLED foldable display with 1080×2636 pixels resolution, HDR10+ support. While the cover display has a 1.1″ Super AMOLED with 112×300 pixels resolution. It runs on One UI 2.0 support, Snapdragon 855+ SoC, Adreno 640 GPU, an 8GB RAM, 256GB of internal storage, etc. The handset features a dual rear camera setup 12MP+12MP lens with a 10MP selfie camera.
It features a 3300mAh battery with 15W fast charging support. The handset packs a Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C port, a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, a gyroscope, proximity, compass, barometer sensor.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
Check out the simple steps below.
Part 1: Enable OEM Unlocking
- First, enable Developers Options on your device and then USB Debugging.
- Go to the device Settings > About Phone > Software Information > More.
- Tap on the Build Number quickly for 7 times. The Developer Options will be enabled.
- Next, go back to the main Settings menu > Scroll down and tap on Developer Options.
- Turn on the OEM Unlock toggle. If prompted, tap on Enable to confirm it.
- Before proceeding take a full backup
- Finally, Switch off your handset and press Power + Volume Down together > connect your handset to the PC/Laptop using a USB cable.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button on your phone to unlock the bootloader.
- Now your bootloader is unlocked but the new “Vaultkeeper” service will still prevent you to flash any ROM or other files.
- So you have to make sure that the new Vaultkeepr allow it. To make sure, do the initial setup as the device’s data are now erased after unlocking the bootloader (your phone must be connected to the internet (mobile data or WiFi).
- Now go to “Settings” > “Developer options” and make sure that the “OEM Unlocking” toggle is turned ON and greyed out. Done!!
Note: The bootloader unlocking process will wipe the device data completely.
You’re done!!! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip device.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.