We all are a part of the tech industry and being a part of the gadget era, we always want to accomplish our work or study or even something else (e,g entertainment) by using gadgets like computers and mobile devices. Well, personally, I haven’t seen any major change or upgrade in the computer industry like something extra-ordinary invention or patent or groundbreaking change/performance improvement. But when it comes to mobile devices or industry, smartphones have come across way far ahead than we have thought earlier. But human errors are common and similarly, even powerful smartphones also do come with multiple bugs, errors, faults, etc that we can’t deny at all. Here we’ll be sharing all the possible Vivo V20 Common Problem and Fixes – Battery, Screen, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More.
The Chinese OEM Vivo which is a child company by BBK Electronics has come so far from a few years that has changed the aspect of looking and thinking smartphones. Well, we can also say that Vivo has implemented some of the absolutely stunning design changes, camera improvements, and other patents like an in-display fingerprint sensor which is appreciable a lot.
Now, whether you’re an existing user or a new user of the Vivo V20 model and the device somehow not performing well enough as expected, then the chances are either the device has some manufacturing defect or it has software/hardware related issues that you should find out by yourself and understand the reason.
It won’t happen to all the users for sure. There are very few users who may face any kind of common problem on their devices e.g Vivo V20. To be very precise, you can’t always blame the smartphone manufacturer for any kind of hardware or software issue or any manufacturing fault as these things may happen some times. But luckily we have a couple of common and easy to use fixes available that you can perform on your device in order to fix those common issues.
Vivo V20 Common Problem and Fixes: Troubleshooting
There are plenty of issues or errors available that can happen on your handset whether you’re using a new phone or an older one. So, the process will be the same for both the new and old models. As this article is based on Vivo V20s, some of the tricks will be only applicable to the Vivo V20s model.
1. Bluetooth & Wi-Fi/Internet Issue Fix
- If in case, your handset isn’t discoverable on someone’s phone even after enabling Bluetooth connectivity, then make sure you’ve turned on visibility mode.
- Try sending or receiving the data or files using Bluetooth in multiple phases so the process will become shorter and less time-consuming.
- In some cases, the Bluetooth connectivity won’t turn on/off. Therefore, you should reboot your smartphone at first. If not fixed, then boot your device in safe mode and check for the issue.
- If the Bluetooth isn’t working well with other devices, make sure that your device software version is fully updated.
- Sometimes users can also face pairing device-related issues. In that case, disconnect all the running Bluetooth searching or pairing processes and reboot your handset. If not fixed, then try to delete all the previously paired device list from the Settings menu -> Bluetooth. Once done, try pairing again.
- Try to stay closer with other Bluetooth connectivity in order to easily connect and transfer data quickly.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi or mobile data toggle on your handset and turn it on again. Sometimes system glitch can be fixed by doing this.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi signal is reaching well from the router or modem for faster and stable connectivity.
- Check out the bandwidth and speed limit in order to understand whether the Wi-Fi speed is causing the issue or not.
- You can also reset your router for stable connectivity.
- For mobile data users, make sure that the mobile data is turned on and using 3G/4G service. Turn off roaming as well.
2. GPS Issue Fix
- First of all, make sure that GPS-powered apps are updated properly.
- Next, try to check and repair the GPS sensor on your device (if any problem with the sensor).
- Maybe the GPS antenna of the device is either damaged or not working properly.
- Check whether the Location Services option is enabled on your smartphone or not. If not, turn it on first and then try again.
- Ensure that the device is running on the latest software version. If not, download and install the software update on a priority basis.
3. Performance Issue Fix
- Simply soft reboot your phone in order to fix the performance or glitch related issues quickly in most cases.
- You can boot your handset in the stock recovery mode in order to clear the cache from your device.
- Make sure that all the third-party installed apps or games are fully updated. Sometimes the pending app updates can also cause frame drops or performance drops.
- Try to uninstall or disable unused apps on your device in order to clear the RAM and free up some storage.
- Alternatively, you can directly perform a factory reset of your device in order to clean all the temporary files and third-party apps. This process can also delete all the internal storage data. So, take a backup first.
4. Battery Draining & Overheating Fix
- First of all, you should check whether the battery health is good or okay enough. If the battery health isn’t good enough or low then you should replace the device battery without a second thought. For the newly purchased users, we will recommend to visit the service center with an invoice and ask for battery replacement (if within warranty).
- Make sure that the battery liquid isn’t leaking or there isn’t any physical damage that happened to the battery. If yes, then switch off your device and rush to the service center to replace the battery first.
- Search for all the third-party unused or rogue apps that can damage your battery health easily. Simply disable or uninstall those apps from your phone and try to use alternative apps.
- Keep your phone in a cooler place and avoid direct sunlight, inside a car, etc where the heat gets higher.
- Don’t overcharge your phone. Once the 100% charge completed, plug out the charger quickly.
- You can also use Airplane mode while charging your handset.
- Try lowering the display brightness or set it to automatic mode.
- You can also use battery saving mode from the Settings menu -> Battery.
- For the slow charging or overheating while charging issues, make sure to check whether the charger is working fine or not.
- Additionally, you can also change the wall socket to charge your handset.
- Search for the software update on your handset. If available, upgrade your device.
- Perform a Factory Reset your phone. Take a backup first.
5. Camera Issue Fix
- Clean your camera lens at first.
- Set a default mode in the camera app.
- Use HDR mode for better images.
- Check for pending software updates.
- Check storage space as well. Sometimes low storage space can offer a low-quality image.
6. Sound Issue Fix
- Check the speaker grills properly. If any liquid or dust particle visible, try to clean that with a dry microfiber cloth.
- Make sure that there is no physical damage that happened to the speaker.
- The same thing will be applicable to the earpiece as well.
- Try checking the sound output or quality using a Bluetooth headphone or wired headphone.
- Go to Sound Settings and check whether the sound volume/tone is set properly or not.
7. Display Issue Fix
- Remove the screen protector or glass protector from the display and check for the issue.
- Make sure that the phone hasn’t dropped from your hand or pocket on any rough & tough surface. That may damage the screen panel internally.
- If there is any visible outer damage or cracks, then visit the service center for repairing.
- Any liquid or water element can easily damage the display.
- If you’re facing a screen visibility issue, check whether the ambient light sensor is working properly or not.
- Also, check the brightness level.
- Try booting your handset to Safe Mode.
8. Apps Not Working Fix
- Restart your handset at first and check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
- Check for software updates on your device.
- Try checking all the pending app updates from the Google Play Store and upgrade all.
- If any particular app isn’t working or crashing then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
- You can also disable or force stop or even try clearing the cache and data of that particular app from the Settings menu.
9. Call & Network Issue Fix
- Restart your handset first as the issue can be fixed mostly by rebooting the phone.
- Go to the Settings -> Network and select your carrier network automatically or manually.
- Turn on and off the Airplane mode in order to refresh the network glitch.
- Turn off roaming from the mobile data or call settings. When you’re out of town or state, then enable the roaming.
- Pull out and reinsert the SIM card on your device.
10. Sensor Issue Fix
- If you’re facing a fingerprint related issue then try to wash or clean your hands at first.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth and gently clean all the smudges or dust particles from the fingerprint sensor area.
- You can also reboot your device in order to fix any temporary fingerprint scanner glitch.
- Delete the fingerprint data and set it again.
- If you’re facing the ambient light or compass or gyro or proximity sensor-related issues then we will recommend you visit the service center for repairing.
- Sometimes performing a factory reset can also solve the issue.
11. Speaker Issue Fix
- First of all, check whether the speaker vent/grill is damaged or not. Sometimes, due to the pressure or accidental drop towards the speaker’s side, the speaker can’t work properly.
- Check and download the device firmware, if available.
- Clear all the background running apps and check for pending app updates as well.
- Force restart your device.
- You can also plug-in the headphone jack into the 3.5mm port and pull it back.
- Try to boot your device in Safe Mode and check whether the issue persists or not.
- If you can, try to clean the speaker grills using a dry cloth.
- You can also do a factory reset on your phone.
12. Ghost Touch Issue & Fix
- Reboot your device at first and then clean the touchscreen display properly.
- If you’ve placed any screen protector or glass protector on the display, just peel it off and try again.
- You can also remove the phone case and check for the issue.
- Make sure that all the apps are updated to the latest version.
- Check and update the software version on your handset.
- Finally, you can perform a Factory reset to your phone to fix this issue.
Otherwise, you should always ask for help from the customer support team or service center. Keep visiting the blog for more info.