Xiaomi is pacing up MIUI 12.5 rollout in its home market China as well as in the international market. Expanding the reach, Xiaomi has now released MIUI 12.5 update for Mi 10S users. The new build also brings May 2021 security patch for enhanced protection against different kinds of exploits.
The MIUI 12.5 update for Xiaomi Mi 10S is rolling out in China with software version V18.104.22.168.RGACNXM. The latest version of MIUI is claimed to be more lightweight than the previous version and reduces CPU usage to boost device performance. Response to gestures is now much faster and the device gets 20 times more rendering power. MIUI 12.5 brings new wallpapers, new widgets, new sounds, and security improvements.
The new software update for Mi 10S also brings MIUI+ which can easily combine your phone and computer to perform necessary tasks such as opening phone apps on computer, ability to see notifications on computer, ability to copy-paste items from phone to computer or vice-versa, transfer files to mobile using MIUI+ panel on computer, and adds File Manager and Notes for computer. Check out the changelog given below for a more detailed look at the new changes.
Xiaomi Mi 10S MIUI 12.5 update changelog:
- Optimization: Removed unnecessary sound notifications for DND mode
- Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2021. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- You can combine your phone and computer into a single working station.
- You can view MIUI notifications and open phone apps on your computer.
- Apps from your phone can be handed off to your computer.
- The items copied on a phone can now be pasted on the computer and vice versa.
- Photos and screenshots from a mobile device can be instantly used on a computer.
- Web pages can be seamlessly handed over from one device to another.
- You can transfer files to your mobile device using the “MIUI+” panel on your computer.
- New “File Manager” and “Notes” for computers.
- New: Location info can be now reported automatically before the device is powered off
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: MIUI 11 custom toggle order is preserved after updating to MIUI 12
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
[Status bar, Notification shade]
- Optimization: Readjusted sensitive areas for the dots in the unlock pattern
- Optimization: GPS icon in the status bar
- Optimization: The UI for renaming fingerprints