Last month, Xiaomi announced the Mi 11X and Mi 11X Pro in India running Android-11 based MIUI 12. Now, the company starts rolling out MIUI 12.5 update to Xiaomi Mi 11X users, which brings loads of new features and some major improvements.
The MIUI 12.5 update for Mi 11X can be identified by software version V22.214.171.124.RKHINXM. In addition to MIUI 12.5, the update bumps device security by installing May 2021 security patch. This is a bulky update and therefore, we recommend you to download the package over a Wi-Fi connection.
The big change in MIUI 12.5 is that it is lighter and drastically reduces CPU usage for a great performance. The power consumption is also getting reduced by up to 15%. Response to gestures is now instant and users now have the option to delete most of the system apps. See the changelog for a detailed look at, what’s new in the update.
Mi 11X users in India who have not received the update yet can head to Settings >> About phone >> System updates to check for the latest update. You can also manually install the package using the download link given below, but we don’t recommend updating this way.
Xiaomi MI 11X
- Software version:
- Download links:
Xiaomi Mi 11X MIUI 12.5 update changelog:
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- All-new Notes.
- New: Location info can be now reported automatically before the device is powered off