Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 series was released this week which marks the company’s return to tablet after three years. The company announced Mi Pad 5 and Mi Pad 5 Pro under the series. Now, the vanilla Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 has started receiving its first software update in China that brings a bunch of new features and optimizations.
The new software update for Mi Pad 5 is bundled with firmware version V220.127.116.11.RKXCNXM. As per the changelog, the notes app is getting several new features including the ability to rotate & scale items, black background support for handwritten notes, text recognition for handwritten notes, and writing tools switching, and adjusting stroke width.
Xiaomi has fixed the HDR stability in the default camera application. The gallery app gets keyboard shortcuts and adds Marker, pen, and eraser for editing screenshots. The music player is now added to the control center and the Audio playback can now be cast to other devices via the Control center.
The new software update allows the stylus to capture partial screenshots and adds system shortcuts. Xiaomi has fixed the split-screen issues. Recent apps can now be opened in a floating window. Also, several optimizations have been made to the calendar app.
The update has started hitting Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 units in China. If you’ve not received it yet, then manually check for the latest update by navigating to Settings >> About phone and check for new updates. We’ve also added a download link for the latest package, which requires manual installation.
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
- New: Rotate and scale the items selected by the stylus
- New: Black background for handwritten notes
- New: Designated folder for the notes made with a stylus
- New: Text recognition for handwritten notes
- New: Switch writing tools and adjust stroke width by pressing the stylus buttons
- Optimization: Overall stability
- Optimization: Default wallpaper
- Fix: HDR stability
- New: Keyboard shortcuts
- New: Marker, pen, and eraser for editing screenshots
- Optimization: Taking and editing screenshots is more convenient now
- New: Music player in the Control center
- New: Audio playback can now be cast to other devices via the Control center
- Optimization: Landscape mode in Mi Music
- Optimization: Managing locations
- Stylus & keyboard
- New: Partial screenshots
- New: System shortcuts
- Optimization: The process of pairing a stylus
- Optimization: Settings for keyboards and styluses
- Split screen
- Fix: Split screen didn’t always work normally
- New: Apps can now be opened in a floating window in Recents
- Optimization: Month view
- Optimization: Animations for switching between different views
- Optimization: The process of creating an event
- Other improvements and optimizations
- Optimization: Switching between different refresh rates in different scenes
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.