Xiaomi starts rolling out a new software update to Mi Pad 5 users in China. It brings the Android security patch level to August 2021 and some optimizations too.
The new software update for Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 is rolling out in China bundled with firmware version V18.104.22.168.RKXCNXM. As mentioned in the changelog, the update allows resource intensive games to work in the background. It optimizes the selection menu for the custom keyboard and stylus connectivity. Xiaomi has also fixed the Wi-Fi connection abnormalities with the new update.
The update is currently under ‘stable beta’ phase, which means that it is currently rolling out to a limited number of users. Soon, it will be rolled out to the remaining users. For those who can’t wait for the update, grab the latest OTA package using the download given below and install that using proper steps. To manually check for new update on your Xiaomi Mi Pad 5, navigate to Settings >> About phone and then check for new updates.
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Resource-intensive games can now work in the background
- Optimization: Selection menu for the custom keyboard
- Stylus & keyboard
- Optimization: Stylus connectivity
- Fix: Wi-Fi connection abnormalities