The Samsung Galaxy A50 users have reportedly started getting a new update based on stable Android 10 with One UI 2.0. The device has been updated to A505GNDXU5BTC8 / A505GNDXS5BTD1 April 2020 security Patch. The current update is being released in some Asian regions and New Zealand.
As this is a security and bug fix update for the device, it addresses most of the bugs and security vulnerability. We highly recommend you to install the update to be on the safer side. Android system should be updated to the latest build to stay safe from the malware attacks. The Update is being rolled in few regions and will take some time to be available across the globe.
This update comes with the latest security patch update which was released by Google in April 2020 which comes with April 1 security patch update. This update comes with other bug fixes and stability improvements and you should get some improvements in the speed of the phone also. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Galaxy A50 which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
Manually Update Galaxy A50 To A505GNDXU5BTC8 / A505GNDXS5BTD1
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner.
- First Navigate to Apps > Settings
- Tap on search and look for Software updates and click on that
- Now enable Download updates automatically so that software will be downloaded automatically in future. Now to manual download click on Download updates manually.
- If a system update is available, download and install the update by following the on-screen prompts.
Galaxy A50 A505GNDXU5BTC8 / A505GNDXS5BTD1 April 2020 Security Patch
- Android version: Android 10 / One UI 2.0
- Security patch level (SPL): April 1, 2020
- Baseband version: A505GNDXU5BTC8 / A505GNDXS5BTD1
- Model No: SM-A505GN
- Region: Asian and New Zealand
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
Where I can download the firmware files?
You can follow dedicated post to download the firmware update file: Where and How To Download Samsung Galaxy Stock Firmware
How To Install Galaxy A50 A505GNDXU5BTC8 / A505GNDXS5BTD1 April 2020 Security Patch OTA Update
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device. To do that switch off your phone and hold volume Up Power (bootloader mode > then select recovery), then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Galaxy A50
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to good wifi and your device has more than 50 per cent battery life remaining
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.