Although LG has exited the smartphone market, its commitment to software development for older devices remains strong. Having already launched the Android 13 update for the LG Velvet, the LG V60 ThinQ is now set to receive a substantial Android upgrade. The Android 13 update comes with an array of new features and enhancements for the V60 ThinQ.
T-Mobile has begun distributing the new software to the LG V60 ThinQ (LM-V600TM) under the software version number V600TM40a. Several users have confirmed the update, with some LG Velvet users even sharing screenshots on Reddit and various social media platforms. The update for Verizon models is currently in development and is expected to be released soon.
The 1.18GB update is sizable, so ensure you have sufficient storage and data on your device. Android 13 for the LG V60 ThinQ introduces a host of new features and security improvements. Among the changes are new media player controls on the lock screen and notification bar, enhanced themed icons, and more. The update also includes a more recent security patch.
The key takeaways from the revised text are:
1. LG is rolling out the Android 13 update for the LG V60 ThinQ (T-Mobile) in the United States, despite having left the smartphone market.
2. The update includes new features and security enhancements such as redesigned media player controls, improved themed icons, and an updated security patch.
3. T-Mobile has started distributing the update, while the release for Verizon models is expected soon.
4. Users who haven’t received the Android 13 OTA notification can update their phone manually through the Software Updates settings.
5. Before updating, it’s essential to back up important data and charge the phone to at least 50%.
If you’re using T-Mobile’s LG V60 ThinQ, you may have already received the Android 13 OTA notification. If not, head to the Software Updates settings to update your phone, and share your thoughts on the update in the comments section.
Before proceeding with the update, remember to back up vital data and charge your phone to at least 50%.