In this article, We’ll be showing you How to Manually Install Android 7.0 Nougat OTA on Galaxy S7 Active (SM-G891A). If you are the user of Galaxy S7 Active then you may know that recently Android Nougat update was rolled out for almost every Galaxy S7 variants. The Update will reach you region wise.
This Update is based on Android Nougat and lets you experience all new Android N 7.0 features and function, this update will take some time to be available in every region. You can still check for the update by going to your mobile’s Setting > About Device > System Update. If an update is listed there then go ahead and install it and if it does not then follow this guide.
If you have rooted Galaxy Active device or you are very willing to download and install the update then you can follow this guide, as we have shared the full in-depth guide for the users of Galaxy S7 Active to download and install Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 Active (SM-G891A). This update is only suitable with Galaxy S7 active (SM-G891A) Variant. So let’s get started with our guide.
Must Read Before Download the Files
Before downloading the files, you have to check your device information you can check it by going to mobile’s Settings > About device > Device Info. If you are running on firmware version PK2 then you have to download only 6th file which is of Nougat or if you are running on firmware version PE7 then you have to download all the 6 files which are listed below out of which 5 are of Marshmallow and the last one which is in number 6 is of android Nougat.
1. G891AUCU1APE7 -> G891AUCU1APG7 → Download Link
2. G891AUCU1APG7 -> G891AUCS1APH1→ Download Link
3. G891AUCS1APH1 -> G891AUCS2API2→ Download Link
4. G891AUCS2API2 -> G891AUCU2APK2→ Download Link
5. G891AUCU2APK2 -> G891AUCS2APL1→ Download Link
6. G891AUCS2APL1 -> G891AUCU2BPL4→ Download Link
- This update is only for Galaxy S7 Active (SM-G891A).
- In this process, any data of your device will not be erased, still, it is a better option to backup.
- OEM unlocking must be enabled on your Galaxy S7 Active (SM-G891A.
- Make sure to change the name of downloaded file to Update.zip
- You have to decrypt your SD card, you can decrypt it by going to settings > Lock Screen & Security > Encrypt sd card > DECRYPT.
Install Android 7.0 Nougat OTA on Galaxy S7 Active (SM-G891A)
- First of all, enter into your mobile’s SD card. (You can use PC or Mobile).
- Now inside the root of the SD Card, create a folder with name ‘Fota’.
- Download the OTA update file from the download section and paste it in that folder. (Make sure to change the name of downloaded file to Update.zip).
- Now switch off your phone.
- Boot into download mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home Key.
- In download mode, bootloader status will be ‘Official’ not custom. ( Make sure that).
- Now, boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power + Home button.
- Inside recovery mode, navigate to ‘ Apply update from SD Card ‘.
- Now select the update.zip file which you have pasted in ‘Fota’ folder.
- Wait until the installation gets done and after installation reboot your smartphone.
- Done !
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page