A few months back, Asus officially kicked off its first Android Update, and the two lucky handsets to get the new update were ZenFone 8 and ZenFone 8 Flip. Asus has confirmed that it has started rolling out the new update on the support forum. The update will be coming out for the ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro and it comes with the build number 31.0210.0210.250. The new update has started rolling out over the air and is expected to reach your device in the coming days.
Changelog for the Android 12 update
- The firmware has been upgraded to Android 12
- The update has revamped Mobile Manager, File Manager, Phone, Contacts, Gallery, Calculator, Settings, Clock, Local Backup, Sound Recorder, Weather, Data Transfer, Setup Wizard, and System Update Apps
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, volume panel, and notification tray to Android 12 design
- Replaced the ASUS Safeguard with stock Emergency SOS
- Added the privacy dashboard, show clipboard acess, camera and mic indicators, approximate location access, and microphone access features
- Removed the Quick Settings layout in the Display settings
- Introduced the new widget page design in the Launcher
- The update has also adjusted the position of the screenshot option while removing the hot seat app icons on the Overview page
- Added the system charging animation
- ASUS Phone removed SIP calling support
- Merge the Wi-Fi and mobile network options to Internet settings
Download and Install the Android 12 update for Asus ZenFone 7 and Asus ZenFone 7 Pro
The Android 12 update for Asus ZenFone 7 and Asus ZenfFone 7 Pro have already started rolling out in batches. Initially, it is available for a limited number of users before gradually reaching all the users. To check for the update, you can head over to your Asus ZenFone 7 and Asus ZenFone 7 Pro’s Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Download and Install.