Steps To disable heads-up notifications on Any Android without root access: Android devices have gone through a big series of evolution to be a great mobile operating system today. We have seen a great increase in the usability of Android, with every new Android version. We have now arrived at Android 8.0 Oreo, which makes Android the easiest to use mobile operating system.
The one major improvement which is considered to be really handy by many users is the heads-up notification. This feature came in with the Android 5.0 Lollipop and is still part of Android devices. This feature will pop up new notification from top of the screen, which is actually helpful for users especially during multitasking. But soon after the inclusion of this many users starting feeling difficulties with it. Accidentally clicking on this notification made users switch over to the app. This became a really annoying issue while playing games or watching videos.
For some reasons, many manufacturers have removed the option to disable this feature on their devices. Many custom ROM does offer an option to disable this for individual apps or for the whole system. But rooting the whole device just for something minor as this is not something practical to do. The easiest way to disable notifications is by using ADB. This article will help you do this, please read through to find out more.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Steps to disable heads-up notifications
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- Now enter adb shell settings put global heads_up_notifications_enabled 0 command
The above step will permanently disable the head up notification. You can at anytime re-enable by using the same step and replacing the 0 with 1 on the last ADB command.
Hope you are clear with the guide. If you have any queries or feedback leave a comment below.