While Oppo sub-brand Realme has released the October 2019 security patch level for the Realme 2 and Realme C1 devices, Realme X is receiving September 2019 patch officially. The latest software update has started rolling out from the end of September month this year based on Android 9 Pie. It brings some of the bug fixes and other system improvements along with a couple of new features as well.
The update comes with the RMX1901EX_11.A.08 software version to the Realme X device. You can manually download and Install September 2019 Patch on Realme X [RMX1901EX_11.A.08] easily. The new ColorOS 6.0 (Android 9 Pie) based software update is rolling out via OTA and may take some time to receive globally.
It weighs around 2.77GB in size and comes with md5: AE91758804F05125115CE27A45402962 that brings the September patch. The September 2019 Android Security Patch Level fixes the vulnerability issues to the Android Pie system. Additionally, if you didn’t get the OTA update yet on your device, check manually from Settings -> Software update.
Now, let’s take a look at what’s new in this update.
September 2019 Patch on Realme X: Changelog
- Android security patch: September 2019
- Added the manual lock feature by long-press the power button
- Manual limit the network speed of hotspot connected device
- Display the data consumed by connected devices
- Customizable data consumed reminder
- Display the screen on time
- Added Google Digital Wellbeing
- Added date and weather widget
- Optimized Smart Assistant interface
- Notification Center and Status Bar
- Redesigned the notification center style
- Swipe left or right to remove the message prompt after receiving the message
- Power Consumption
- Partial scene power consumption optimisation
- Known Issue Fixed
- Fix the issue of the camera rising up when the WhatsApp video call
Please Note: The update size is bigger enough. Therefore, make sure to free up your device space and connect it to a working Wi-Fi network. You should also charge your device battery up to 60% at least. Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data for safety reasons.
Download September 2019 Patch on Realme X
RMX1901EX_11.A.08 – Link [md5: AE91758804F05125115CE27A45402962]
Steps To Install Software Update on Realme X
There are two simple methods to manually update the Realme X software version without any hassle. We have provided both the methods below. You can follow any one of these methods.
1. Simple Method
- First, transfer the firmware you’ve downloaded to the phone storage from the link given above.
- Then, go to the File Manager app and find the firmware -> then tap on the firmware file.
- It will automatically detect the firmware update package and offer you to Update Now option.
- Wait for the update to install and succeed. Reboot your device.
- You’re done.
2. Recovery Method
- Transfer the firmware you’ve downloaded from the above link to the phone storage or SD card.
- Then power off the phone -> Press and Hold the Power + Volume Down buttons together, until your phone enters into the Stock Recovery Mode.
- Choose the language you want. For English, select the English language.
- Tap on Install from the storage device and find the firmware From phone storage or From the SD card.
- Then, tap on the firmware and confirm to update.
- Please do not perform other operations until your phone is updated successfully.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
Both methods are recommended and super easy to perform. However, if you can’t perform the task or can’t understand it, don’t do it by yourself. We hope that this guide is helpful and you’ve updated the Realme X software successfully.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page