Samsung Galaxy J2 Core J260GDDU2ARJ1 October 2018 Security Patch (OTA Update) || South Asia: A new update is being released for the Galaxy J2 Core in South Asia. Finally, Samsung has started rolling out the J260GDDU2ARJ1 October update for all the Samsung Galaxy J2 Core. This is an incremental update which brings the latest security patch from Google, so it is highly recommended to install the update to be on the safer side. The update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
This update is only rolling out for Samsung Galaxy J2 Core devices. If you are Samsung Galaxy J2 Core user, you October have received the October Security Security Patch OTA update notification on your device. We highly recommend you to install the update to be on the safer side. Android system should be updated to the latest build to stay safe from the malware attacks.
The OTA has been rolled out in the South Asian Region and only available for Samsung users. This update comes with the latest security patch update which was released by Google in October Security. The update comes with build number J260GDDU2ARJ1. The update brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. It also brings stability and performance improvements. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core J260GDDU2ARJ1
- Device Name: Galaxy J2 Core
- Model: SM-J260G
- Android version: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Region: South Asia
- Build Number: J260GDDU2ARJ1
- Android Security Patch Level: 1 October
Manually Update Samsung Galaxy J2 Core to J260GDDU2ARJ1 October 2018 Security Patch
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner.
- J260GDDU2ARJ1: Download || File name: NPL-J260GDDU2ARJ1-20181107075430.zip || Size: 727 MB
- Odin Flash Tool
Check Sammobile website to get the latest firmware for your device.
How To Install Samsung Galaxy J2 Core J260GDDU2ARJ1 October 2018 Security Patch OTA Update (South Asia)
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Samsung Galaxy J2 Core
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining