Hello friends! Today, in this post, we will be giving amazing news to all the Huawei P8 Lite users. Huawei has begun rolling out the Marshmallow Firmware update for its Single and Dual SIM users in Europe. This update will bring system security improvements, along with Google Security patches and will be based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. In case you are interested in downloading and installing this new update on your Huawei P8 Lite by flashing B613/B614 Marshmallow firmware.
Huawei P8 Lite sports a 5.0-inch HD display with the resolution of 1280x720p. It is powered by Octa-Core 1.2GHz HiSilicon Kirin 620 processor with 2 GB RAM. This update comes with the build number ALE-L21C432B613/B614 and is only for the European variant ALE-L21. In case you have any other variant, then it is recommended you do not try to install this update.
This update will work on only the European variants and the middle-east or even the Asian users should not try this update. In case you are a Huawei P8 Lite user who wants to update to the Marshmallow OS, then all that you need to do is, complete the download, and then follow this guide mentioned below.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- A complete backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong. Guide How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Follow all the steps correctly or you may brick your device.
- This firmware update is only for Huawei P9 Lite
Download Huawei P8 Lite B613/B614 Marshmallow Firmware
How to install B613/B614 Marshmallow Firmware On Huawei P8 Lite
- First of all, download the B613/B614 OTA Update for Huawei P8 Lite from the link above and extract it.
- Create a folder and name it ‘dload’ in the root of your SD card, and place the update.app file in this folder.
- Dial *#*2846579#*#* from your phone’s dialer to open a hidden menu.
- Now, just click on the Project Menu -> Software Upgrade -> SDCard Upgrade.
- Go on by selecting and running the update.
- Wait until the installation completes and then reboot your device.
- Once the device reboots, you can enjoy the new update.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page