In this guide, you will learn How to Download & Flash / Install Official Stock Marshmallow Firmware on Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Android 6.0.It is the latest Official Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update for Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F.
Samsung has started rolling out Official Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.Depending upon carrier users will get the official Marshmallow update via OTA.But to get OTA update your device’s bootloader must be locked.Previously Samsung released stock Android Marshmallow 6.0 beta firmware for Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.You can check out our previous post on Download & Install Marshmallow OTA zip beta For Galaxy S6 and S6 edge.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F and your device is rooted or bootloader is unlocked then you have to manually Install Official Stock Marshmallow Firmware on Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Android 6.0.Don’t worry here we will be sharing full detailed guide on How to Install Official Stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow Firmware on Galaxy S6 SM-G920F
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F Users Follow this guide>Download & Install Official Stock Marshmallow Firmware on Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F Android 6.0
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920Cusers Follow this Guide>Download & Install Official Android 6.0.1 Firmware On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920C
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S6 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
→ This ROM is only For Galaxy S6 model number G920F, so don’t try on other models.
Now You can root Samsung Galaxy S6 On Android Marshmallow.Guide > How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 On Android Marshmallow 6.0 Using SuperSu v2.65
→ Take a proper Nandroid Backup via TWRP Recovery First.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
1.Your device must have a custom recovery (TWRP) to install the Update.zip
2.More than 60% battery
3.Download and Install Samsung Drivers (Important) > Link
Flash TWRP 3.0 Recovery on your device: Download
Download Official Android 6.0 Firmware: Link
Download and extract Odin3 v3.10.6.
Android 6.0.1 bootloader: Link
Android 5.1.1 bootloader: Link
How To Flash / Install Official Stock Marshmallow Firmware on Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Android 6.0
Step By Step Guide
→This process consists of 3 steps. 1)We have to Flash 5.1.1 Bootloader 2)Then we have to flash the TWRP and Stock Firmware 3)Lastly we have to flash the 6.0.1 bootloader.
1) Flash 5.1.1 Bootloader
- Download and extract Odin from the download section.Then open it
- Now boot your Galaxy S6 Edge in download mode. (Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to boot into download mode)
- Next Connect your Galaxy S6 to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue.
- For Odin 3.09 or 3.10.6 hit the BL tab. Select the 5.1.1 Bootloader file and Click Start.
- Once completed, follow the next steps
2) Flash TWRP recovery and the ROM
- Now from Odin main menu open AP tab.Select the downloaded TWRP Recovery File and Click Start
- Then Reboot your device
- Connect your phone to the PC and transfer Marshmallow.zip file to your SDcard.
- Now Reboot to TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Once in TWRP Recovery’s main menu, Tap on Install > Marshmallow.zip File and swipe the Slider to Start the Installation.
3)Finally, Flash the 6.0.1 Bootloader
- Do all the steps again from “Flash 5.1.1 Bootloader” part
- But this time, select the 6.0.1 Bootloader file instead of 5.1.1 and Click Start.
Done!!! Reboot your device.Your device should have the latest official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
If you have any questions related to this guide feel free to leave that in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.