MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4 Is Now Officially Available: Xiaomi has had an amazing year back in 2017. With many of their smartphones getting good sales and reviews, the manufacturer is all set to give its users more. This has also led them to give out the latest update to users to keep the user base within their range. The MIUI 9 is such an update the manufacturer has given out to all Xiaomi users back in 2017 itself. Now the newest version of the update, MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.14 is rolling out.
The update is coming out with a handful of new features like the image search, smart assistant, smart app launcher, and many more. Along with the new features, the updates also see a significant improvement in terms of performance and also a lot of bug fixes.
The current update is a beta version and the fully stable update of the same is expected soon. The current beta update is officially rolling out as an Over the Air or OTA update for all Xiaomi devices. You also have an option to manually download it and flash it on your Xiaomi device. The link to download the update, and the steps to flash it are given below.
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4 changelog
- Home screen
New – A Home screen shortcut for Cleaner (01-02)
New – Add photos to favorites (01-02)
New – Address bar autocomplete (01-02)
New – All-new bottom menu (01-02)
Optimization – Now you can add Home screen shortcuts in Android O (01-02)
Fix – The SMS interface is left aligned when phone language Arabic or Hebrew (01-03)
Fix – The “Move” option was displayed as “Copy” in Explorer (01-03)
- Home screen
Fix – Home screen froze and slowed down (01-03)
Fix – Automatic updates turned off if you restricted Updater’s notifications (01-03)
Fix – System launcher wasn’t responding (01-03)
- Notification shade
Fix – Screen buttons overlapped with the keyboard during quick replies in the Notification shade (01-03)
Fix – UI adjustments for RTL languages in Messaging (01-03
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for Xiaomi users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Steps to install MIUI 8.1.4 Global Beta ROM On Your Xiaomi Device
You can flash an update on Xiaomi devices using two methods, both are listed below
- Save the downloaded file into your Phone internal storage
- Open the updater app
- Tap on the menu icon, which will three dots at the top right corner
- Select “choose update package”
- Select the downloaded file
- wait for your device to Reboot
- Download the latest Mi Flash Tool and install it on your PC
- Boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing and holding power button and volume down button
- Connect your device to PC
- Noe extract the ROM file into a location on your PC
- Copy the path to the extracted file and paste in on the Mi flash tool
- Click on the refresh button for the Mi flash tool to recognize your device
- Click on flash button
- Reboot your device when the process is completed
Hope you are clear with the guide. If you have any queries or feedbacks please comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.