[Guide] How To Factory/Hard Reset Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL: Hello guys!! Today, in this post, we will be solving your issues about how to factory/hard reset your Google Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL. Now I know there are times when you feel like your device is not running as smoothly as it used to or it is lagging. At such times, most users try to perform “Force Restart” to sort out this problem. However, if even forcing restart doesn’t solve your problems, then what do you do?
The answer is simple you need to perform a hard reset or factory reset. If you perform a hard reset, you can get rid of most issues which cause black screen, boot loops, force close errors, bugs, heating situations, and battery drain. However, performing a factory reset would delete all the files and data on your device. So it is recommended to have a full backup of the data before doing the reset. Once you reset, your device will be as smooth as a new device.
If you are interested in performing a factory reset/hard reset then there are two methods to do so. All you need to do is follow the step-by-step guides mentioned below.
How To Factory/Hard Reset Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL
There are 2 ways to Factory/Hard Reset Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL. 1) From Phone’s Settings 2) From Phone’s Recovery
#1 Factory Reset/Hard Reset using Phone’s settings
- First of all, go to the Settings of your device and scroll down to “Backup & Reset” option.
- Now select the option “Factory data reset” and then enable Erase Internal Storage.
- Tap on the “Reset Phone” option at the bottom of your screen and select OK.
#2 Factory Reset/Hard Reset using Recovery
- Switch off your device and boot it into recovery mode.
- Now, select “Wipe data factory reset” and wipe the cache partition and dalvik cache.
- Once done, return to the main menu and select “Reboot system now”.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page