Ever since WhatsApp was introduced, it has been one of the most popular and widely used instant messaging apps. On WhatsApp, you can send texts, images, stickers, GIFs, documents, audio, and videos.
When you send a message, you will get a single/double tick to confirm the delivery status. However, some users are facing issues with this as they’re facing the Read Receipts Not Working issue.
If you’re in the same boat, then this guide will be helpful. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix Read Receipts Not Working issue on WhatsApp.
How to fix Read Receipts Not Working issue on WhatsApp?
Method 1: Check WhatsApp Server Status
- Open an internet browser and visit any outage detector site like Downdetector
- After that, type “WhatsApp” in the search box and press Search
- Then, select “WhatsApp” from the available results
- You will now have to check the spike in the graph as a huge spike will mean many users are experiencing errors and the website is likely down
- If the website is down, you should wait for a few hours as it might take a while for WhatsApp to resolve the issue
Method 2: Recipient hasn’t opened your chat
If the recipient is online and the messages you have sent are marked as double but without a blue check mark, it could be that they haven’t opened your chat yet. WhatsApp only shows two check marks when someone reads your message.
Method 3: You’re messaging someone for the first time
If you’re messaging someone for the first time, it may be the reason why you’re not getting read receipts. When someone gets your message for the first time, the read receipt might not be shown due to WhatsApp’s privacy settings.
Method 4: You might be blocked
If you’re facing Read Receipts Not Working and only getting a single check mark on the messages, there is a chance that you might be blocked by the recipient. Check if you’re able to see their status, last seen status, online status, and other things.
Method 5: Update the WhatsApp app
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store. You can check out latest APK (For Android) on APKmirror
- Look for WhatsApp and then open the app page
- Click on the “Update” option to install the latest version
- Check if Read Receipts Not Working issue is resolved
Pic credit – www.lifewire.com