If you’ve been experiencing issues with PUBG Mobile that give an error indicating Download Failed Because You May Not Have Purchased The App, then don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many users have been facing this problem because of a specific reason.
Interestingly, this error is quite older and according to most affected users, this issue is caused by app cache or older or corrupted obb data. You’ll need to have the full and updated obb file for verifying and running the game smoothly. If you’re a PUBG player who is having this issue, then this article is perfect for you.
How to fix the Download Failed Because You May Not Have Purchased The App issue?
- First of all, ensure that you clear the app cache from the device Settings -> Installed Application -> Choose your PUBG Mobile and then tap on the app. Tap on Clear Cache before re-running the game for checking the issue.
In most cases, clearing out the app cache will delete the temporary files causing issues with the gameplay or game launch. However, if the above method doesn’t work, try out this method.
Uninstall the PUBG Mobile game and then reinstall it once more. More often than not, reinstalling the game will fix this issue. However, if the problem still exists, follow these steps –
- Open the File Manager and then go to Internal Storage.
- Go to the All Files and then head over to the Android folder.
- Go to the OBB folder for checking whether the obb package is present or not.
- If it isn’t available, you should return to the All Files Section and look for Tencent.
- Here, you’ll find the tencent.ig.obb file that will be bigger in size (more than 1 GB).
- Move the obb file to the Android/OBB folder and then restart the game.
If you didn’t find the Tencent OBB file in the internal storage, it’ll mean that the obb file is missing and this is the reason the game isn’t running. Head over to the browser and look for the PUBG Mobile OBB file. You’ll find many websites where you can download both the APK and OBB files for PUBG Mobile. Ensure that you’re downloading the latest one and then install the PUBG Mobile APK on your device. Once installed, you should go to the File Manager app and then move the downloaded OBB file to the Internal Storage -> Android -> OBB folder. Done, you can enjoy the game now.